Dahua interior camera with microphone

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Looking for a decent Dahua camera to record video and sound inside.

I need a good image quality and decent sound. I want to put a new security camera in my music room to keep an eye on all my gear.

The other reason I want good image and sound is for when the band is playing. We usually stick a video camera or Go Pro in a upper corner of the room. Video recording with sound is great when your working out new tunes and want to improve or see mistakes being made. It's also great for posting clips on the net to get feedback from your friends before you try performing it.

I figured why not using security footage to do this since I want to put a cam in the room for protection.

What advice and recommendations can you share ?

Thanks ,

Brian

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Brian,

Cameras with built-in mics don't get high marks for audio. A camera has external mic capability is the better way to go, esp if you're capturing music.

Fastb

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so cameras with mics built in are not the best for capturing music. I have plenty of mics and could hook one up as long as the camera has an input for it. Are there any good Eye ball , wide angle or fisheye style cams with audio input jacks ?

I am running a NVR5416-16p-4ks2, Cat 6 , 12 TB .

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A go pro camera will have much better sound/image quality, then most security cameras. I would use a security camera for security,and a real camera to record the band something like a canon,sony,ect... it would be the best bang for buck

Also sound will be important so you prob want a camera where you can get a external microphone.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A go pro camera will have much better sound/image quality, then most security cameras. I would use a security camera for security,and a real camera to record the band something like a canon,sony,ect... it would be the best bang for buck

Also sound will be important so you prob want a camera where you can get a external microphone.
Video and sound don't need to be perfect, were not making a MTV video. I just figured if I am going to upgrade the security camera in the music room why not upgrade to a better image quality and add on sound. I could eliminate constantly setting up the other cameras and quickly capture video and transfer it to other sources by using my NVR and the iDMSS app.