Dahua IP cameras and DVR - need advices

Arn0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks to this post, I've discovered that Dahua has a great functionality with TiOCs product : easy arming/desarming that we can eventually automate.

I've actually recently ordered a "cheap" PTZ camera and I'm already annoyed by the fact that I'll have to manage a kind of planning, for its (efficient) human detection...
Now that I know that Dahua supports the arming/desarming function thanks to (alarm) input, I'd like to consider enhancing my home security now that I'm sure that I won't forget to arm the camera system.

Unfortunately I have a poor knowledge of the recent evolution of Dahua's product. My last (and single) Dahua's purchase was in 2011... (and this POE camera has its POE port failing) and here (Europe) Dahua's camera are kind of reserved for professionals. I mean, the interesting series of product. We can easily find "Imou" products or eventually Dahua lite serie. So it's not easy to identify/find what camera will be compatible with my main goal:
Use a relay to arm a camera, or to arm a complete system. Unclear if I opt directly for multiple cameras, or if I go first for a single camera (with I/O input port) and then eventually evolve to a DVR (that will then be controlled by the relay). (attached captured confirmed that I can use directly a relay on a camera to arm/desarm a single camera.

In term of technical requirements, the first camera has to monitor a small/close area, so I would go for something else that 2.8mm. I don't need 8 MP, I guess 5 would be enough. SMD needed (human). POE naturally. TiOC seems a pre-req for arming/desarming functionality, is that correct ? Not sure that I'll activate the blue/red light.

HFW3549T1P-as-pv could fit for purpose? What is the price range ? I would like to remain on a reasonable budget.

If I opt fora DVR + camera, what would be the basic model to support 4/6 cameras with input capabilities ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Attachments