Dahua IP DHCP

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
I have a new Dahua Camera and accidently change the IP from static to DHCP now the camera is out , how do I change it back to Static IP.
I appreciate any comments.
Regards.
Chewie

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
You will need to find the new IP address of the camera so you can regain Web GUI access. Dahua has a config tool here to find the IP. You can also look in your routers DHCP table or use a utility like nmap in order to match a Dahua MAC address with the IP.

If you can't perform any of those, then you can also manually reset the camera via its reset switch.

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
You will need to find the new IP address of the camera so you can regain Web GUI access. Dahua has a config tool here to find the IP. You can look in your routers DHCP table or use a utility like nmap in order to match a Dahua MAC address with the IP.

If you can't perform any of those, then you can also manually reset the camera via its reset switch.
This.

Or, you put another pc/laptop/... in the ethernet slot, turn it to DHCP and have a look at the subnet range received. If that does not ring a bell, you might better start noting down how your networking topology is set-up, as factory resetting the camera might fuze it again into any unknown network lol. I wouldn't dare to have an unknown network within my network anyway :)

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
The config tool found the new IP, I did use the IP Config tool first but the ip range was not high enough to find the DHCP the new IP, This is a cheap Amcrest camera converted to Dahua, I am new to these Dahua cameras so I am learning, I did purchase 3 new Dahua cameras from Andy and I am having issues setting motion and recording, my non-Dahua cameras working fine with motion and recording, I try to set up the Dahuas the same as my other cameras and they acting different.
I will start another thread with the motion and recording issues.
Thanks again for for your comments.
Regards.
Chewie