Dahua IPC-EBW81200 and wall mount with PFA132

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has someone bough a PFA132 for wall mounting its Dahua Camera ?
I have issues with mine, once mounted on the wall the camera is not offering horizontal picture because the wholes in the metal plate do not offer correct mapping et have the "TOP" at the correct position ???

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks !!

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just clock it level and tap new holes through it..

fisheye cameras are not designed for wall mounting, they are intended to be celling mounted.. outside they are pretty much worthless.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well, I am worried about the design of Dahua ...
This camera is supposed to be used outside, and the picture it gives is ok for me with the de-wrapping ...

I could effectively rotate the PFA132 on the wall but by logic and esthetic wounted it level ...
issue is that by design, the wholes of the PFA132 are not matching the wholes of the metal plate if you want to have a horizontal picture ....

hum hum ...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its not a vertical mount camera.. what your doing is severely unconventional.. when mounted horizontally, as fisheyes are traditionally used, it dont matter which way is top.

is dewarping not compensating for the offset?

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nayr, YES it is a vertical camera as well .... this is well documented in their documentation / catalog, reason why I took this camera, and also why the PFA132 is being designed for ...
Logically, a SW feature should not compensate a HW / design issue ...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lets run the numbers here shall we, a 12MP 1/2.3 Sensor with a 1.57mm Lens is under 100PPF (Minimum required for identification) at over 10ft; trying to use it for security purposes at any distance greater than that is going to result in very poor results.. fisheye cameras are not designed to be used at any distances greater than from an average celing to the floor.. combined with the lousy F2.2 aperture, putting it outside against a wall like you have; is severely unconventional.

for what your trying to do you shoulda got this camera instead, you wouldent have so many wasted pixels looking up at the sky and you'd have much better night time capabilities: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-pfw8601-a180-3341.html

Last edited by a moderator:

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is exactly fitting ly needs, Nayr ... the camera is placed over 2 entrance doors to control those accesses ... no more. Doors are located at less than 2.5 meters from the camera.
But discussion here is not over the capabilities of the camera, but about the compatibility of the PFA132 and the provided metal plate coming with the camera ...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its just a piece of aluminum.. pull the screws out, clock it whatever direction pleases you most and then drill some holes into it.. though it sounds like you'll setup 2 de-warped virtual feeds for this camera in the end so it wont matter even if you install it upside down.. for 99.9% of installs this is no issue as they put it on the celling in the middle of a room or over isles of products.

almost never see a situation like your trying to pull off.. most just use 2 independent cameras for those cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure I will drill 3 additional wholes.
I think it will matter because in the de-wrapped view the image would not be "horizontal".

Anyway, quite surprised Dahua is nota littele bit more designed as it should.

Many thanks !!