Dahua IPC-HDBW1435EP dead after reboot

quizzicus

n3wb
Reaction score
I rebooted my camera from the web interface, and now it won't turn on at all. There's no click, and the LEDs on the board stay dark. The IR LEDs don't respond to my covering the lens. Holding the reset switch down doesn't have any effect. It doesn't connect via wi-fi, or even show up in the ARP table when I connect it to my switch. I get the same (lack of) results whether I power it through the barrel plug or PoE.

The only signs of life whatsoever are that my non-contact voltage tester shows power reaching the board, and my switch shows a physical connection when I plug it in. So I guess I've ruled out a bad cable. :/

Is there any way to revive it, or did an electrical component somehow burn out during the software reboot?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the camera have a reset button under the cover?
If so, perform a hard reset to factory defaults using the reset button inside the camera. With power applied, hold the button for at least 30 seconds.

If there's no button, it may have 2 solder pads on a circuit board similar to below to momentarily jumper. Note the green arrows that I made pointing to the correct function; the image is from a Honeywell video and they incorrectly showed the reset as have 4 solder pads...... reset is the 2 pads, serial port is the 4 pads.

honeywell hew4prw3_reset.jpg

Last edited:

quizzicus

n3wb
Reaction score
Doe the camera have a reset button under the cover?
If so, perform a hard reset to factory defaults using the reset button inside the camera. With power applied, hold the button for at least 30 seconds.

If there's no button, it may have 2 solder pads on the circuit board to momentarily jumper.
There is a button, but even holding it down for minutes doesn't have an effect.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try powering down the camera.
Wait 30 seconds.
Hold the button down.
Still pressing button, apply power..hold for 1 minute, then release button.