Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam Setup Help

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Due to system issues, I decided to start out with a clean install and a fresh installation of BI5. I did not use a backup because I wanted to change some things anyway, since it had been years since the initial installation of BI4 and subsequent migration to BI5.

The only issue I have so far is with the Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam (aka the Booby cam). I am not able to view the second stream for the second channel in BI. I used Find/inspect to add all the cameras, and below are the details of the Camera Settings where I think I have an issue.

Camera Settings / Video / Network IP Configure / Stream profiles / Main
Main: (default) with only "/" in the box.

My other Dahua cameras were added as "MediaProfile_Channel1_MainStream" and "/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif" in the box.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mark

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Either select camera 2 in the pulldown or manually change the 1 above to 2 for channel. Channel=2

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Either select camera 2 in the pulldown or manually change the 1 above to 2 for channel. Channel=2
I tried selecting camera 2 in the pulldown, and that did not work. I know from back in the BI 4 days, the solution was to modify the stream string from channel 1 to channel 2, but the issue is that I don't have a stream string, I only have a forward slash "/" in there.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is mine:

/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Just because all it has is a / doesn't mean it won't take the full text.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate the assistance. Unfortunately, that did not work; no signal at all from the camera. I presume you have something other than (default) in the Main drop-down box. Mine has no other options than default.

1640134541531.png

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was just trying different cam # settings as a last resort. When I enter your stream profile, it has no signal, even with Cam# set to 2. What does yours show for "Main"; is it also (default)?

Thanks.

Mark

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got this working by importing my old BI4 camera backup for this particular camera. It was my last resort, but it worked.

1640207009345.png