Dahua IPC-HDBW8630E-Z running slow at 6mp

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just posted in the BI troubleshooting section about some issues but after further troubleshooting it turned out to not have anything to do with BI.
I got a new Dahua IPC-HDBW8630E-Z 6mp camera. If i set it to 6mp the live feed from the cameras interface is very slow and there is a delay for about 7 seconds. If I set it to 2mp its much faster. If I got a substream enabled at 6mp that feed is super fast. BI reports 6-13 fps from the camera when in 6mp and 20 when set to 2mp.
I have tested with different bitrates and its about the same.
During testing the camera and pc is connected to the same Unifi gigabit PoE switch.

Have anyone seen issues like this before?

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
If I set it to 3mp is seems to handle it good. Setting it to 5mp gives around 16 fps in BI and there is a couple of seconds of delay.
This might not be a big problem since I dont think I will run it in 6mp mode but since the specs say it can do 6mp it would nice to be able to do it without the delay and lowered framerate.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which compression scheme are you using? Have you tried different ones?

Maybe do a default reset and start over.

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
Which compression scheme are you using? Have you tried different ones?

Maybe do a default reset and start over.
I have tried H264,H264h, h265. Also different bitrates. It all gives about the same bad result.

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
Try the reset button inside the unit.
Just tried the reset button. Gives 8 fps with the default settings on everything(except IP). When moving in front of the camera its like slow motion and not like a low frame rate. Just like it cant handle the load.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same camera and no end of trouble with it. Blue Iris tells me I'm getting up to 2fps and the bitrate rarely goes above 2500. Basically I can get the image to change and then no image change for maybe 10 seconds - as if I was getting 1 frame every 10 seconds.

I tried reinstalling the firmware and it didn't seem to work. Then I left it plugged out for a few days it was good.

I have a sneaking suspicion it could be the network handling on it. One time it was displaying the usual behaviour and there was a brief power outage. After that the camera worked well and I have not plugged it in again since to test. I wondered if the fact that the camera booted up quicker than the router/switch that something worked. Not sure tbh but my camera is very dodgy!

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
Got my new BI server and somehow that fixed the problem. Strange since the CPU was around 30% before(now its 5).
Even more strange is that the stream is also better directly from the camera interface.