Dahua IPC HDW 5442TM-AS best settings for night view??and face recognition

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

the 5442 TM-AS got rock solid pictures on night view, only with moving objects it sucks.
I got the cam the whole night on color, and the quality is perfect, only with moving objects the pictures are ghosting.
Any idea what the best settings i can get on the moving objects?

And second, the camera got face recognition, when i choose that the counter gonno go up, so that works.
I got a Dahua 4208 8 switch POE NVR, and with the AI parameter it doesn't show me the Face recognition.
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks for the help!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

the 5442 TM-AS got rock solid pictures on night view, only with moving objects it sucks.
I got the cam the whole night on color, and the quality is perfect, only with moving objects the pictures are ghosting.
Any idea what the best settings i can get on the moving objects?

And second, the camera got face recognition, when i choose that the counter gonno go up, so that works.
I got a Dahua 4208 8 switch POE NVR, and with the AI parameter it doesn't show me the Face recognition.
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks for the help!
Shutter Speed / Exposure Tutorial

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Color mode at night is going to require quite a bit of ambient light to get good motion captures. A still landscape will look wonderful at a slow shutter speed but movement will not look good if the scene is very dark.

I believe facial recognition and face detection are two different technologies and the 5442 only has face detection.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yup it needs some dialing in depending on lighting. Shutter speed should be faster but will result in dimmer picture. Best bet is add more lighting, reduce shutter and then adjust exposure and other settings accordingly. I'm running mine in auto right now but that's because I'm still adding lighting and just relocated it so still playing around.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Color mode at night is going to require quite a bit of ambient light to get good motion captures. A still landscape will look wonderful at a slow shutter speed but movement will not look good if the scene is very dark.

I believe facial recognition and face detection are two different technologies and the 5442 only has face detection.
Great, but it wont record faces, it only counts a face recon, but no snapshot to the NVR/.
Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
again, that camera does NOT have face recognition (FR). It's got face detection (FD). In order to get FR from the FD camera you need an AI NVR (the models ends with the letter I). If you had such NVR, you'd know it cause you'd pay extra for it.
As long as you have no FR, you've better stay with SMD or IVS with human filtering. in most cases you'd see also the face in the recorded clip.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
again, that camera does NOT have face recognition (FR). It's got face detection (FD). In order to get FR from the FD camera you need an AI NVR (the models ends with the letter I). If you had such NVR, you'd know it cause you'd pay extra for it.
As long as you have no FR, you've better stay with SMD or IVS with human filtering. in most cases you'd see also the face in the recorded clip.
Thanks!, IVS works very well