Dahua IPC-HDW3441T-ZAS :Dahua IVS Intrusion and Tripwire problems?

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tested both intrusion rules and tripwire,rules whatever I attempt in settings and drawings the camera does not trigger any alarm.
(SMD is functioning ok and basic motion detection is also OK).

Testing: (Smart plans are not available in this camera) /2021-06-11 firmware release installed:

1. Daytime tripwire rule testing
2. A <> B straight line drawing
3. Period setting, 7 days a week 24 hours a day Green
4. Target filter efffective object tested with on and off
5, Target filter max 8191-8191, 0-0 and pixels 0-0 ( all defaults)
6. SMD enabled/disabled: no difference

Nothing happens based on the active rules, so Dahua tripwire does not work, and Dahua Intrusion also does not work in this model.

Who can help here? Could be user error, a firmware bug, or did someone at Dahua decide for commercial reasons to remove both tripwire
and intrusion capabilities from this model SMD camera...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
JK

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First, enable IVS in the detection plan and shut off SMD.

Second, for best result you need to calibrate the camera for IVS by putting three, one meter objects, at various distances from the camera and use the calibration tool in the camera to calibrate it for your, specific, location for best results. It will wok without being calibrated but may produce hit or miss results.

Third, generally speaking, complex tripwire arrangements or multiple tripwires can be problematic. An intrusion box usually (not always) has worked better for me. The intrusion box must have space around it on all sides to allow the camera to "see" an object enter or exit.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @sebastiantombs , as per my post I have the most simple of tripwire a straight line across a drive way. Same with intrusion a simple box. The intrusion box is indeed on the drive way
so physically it is easy to enter and exit. However nothing happens...

Btw that Calibration tool sounds interesting, however I can not find this option in my admin menu also my camera does not have the concept of a detection plan?

Event Main Menu:
Video Detection
Smart Motion Detection
Audio Detection
Smart Plan
IVS

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots of your tripwires. In many cases people try to think 2 dimensionally and needs to be looked at 3 dimensionally, meaning that generally half of the object has to be passing through the IVS rule for it to take effect, if that makes any sense.

It is probably just an extension of your lines to make that happen.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Click "Smart Plan", click "IVS", click save.

While you're in "IVS" creating rules, cick the "Global Setup" tab to reach the calibration area.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope that means it is activated.

Now go to the next one that says IVS and see if it shows a global tab

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh - this is a camera that doesn't have the global config option. They are not available it appears on the cameras that are not on the correct MP/sensor ratio. This is a 4MP on the 1/3" sensor, so the CPU isn't powerful enough.

So we are back to post screenshots of your IVS rules and field of view so we can guide you on how to adjust them.

You may need to make a min object size too, but we can determine that when we see the field of view.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@wittaj ,and other members thanks for your help, please find the tripwire rule screenshot including field of view:

The idea is very simple, trigger an alarm if an object (person/vehicle) crosses the driveway imaginary green tripwire line in any direction. I was sort of expecting
the CPU would be able to handle this one as SMD works fine. One would think SMD takes more cpu power than tripwire. However up til now
nothing is detected by the tripwire rule...

Settings:
1629568944030.png

1629568666360.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK that is a tight field of view and with the area being kinda dark, anyone in darker clothing may struggle. Might want to adjust the brightness/contrast etc. to try to get a little more definition.

Because this is so tight, a single tripwire can struggle. Most will do a zigzag pattern of the tripwire - that should give you better success, so give that a try. So start it there and then zigzag it from the house to the bushes 3 or 4 times until it gets to the car.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@wittaj thank you for your suggestions, I will give it a try coming week to see if I can get any rule based alarm going at all. It surprises me a bit that tripwire is hard for the firmware to do given that SMD for Vehicle/human detection( on the path about 10 meters from the camera) is working fine.
Is there still a chance that Dahua decided to "soft remove" tripwire and intrusion rule components in the firmware?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess anything is possible or you got a buggy firmware partially installed and could try a factory reset.

SMD and IVS go about it a little different, and with one tripwire and a tight field of view it could struggle for IVS.

Most have better success with IVS, but some field of view is better suited for SMD.

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had this problem before. Setup a smart plan, drawn the rules... still not working.

After a reboot and some minutes waiting they started working. So maybe try a reboot!

By the way, how do you notice it isn't working? Where do you look it up?

Last edited:

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Team, deleted rules, rebooted camera & Android phone running the DMSS app, created a zigzag tripwire (simple line A<B): good news, an alarm got logged by
the camera in the log files. Also after "ticking" more event types in DMSS alarm events got pushed. So although smart plans are disabled in the firmware, both
tripwire and intrusion do actually work. Case closed.

keramics

n3wb
Reaction score
Team, deleted rules, rebooted camera & Android phone running the DMSS app, created a zigzag tripwire (simple line A<B): good news, an alarm got logged by
the camera in the log files. Also after "ticking" more event types in DMSS alarm events got pushed. So although smart plans are disabled in the firmware, both
tripwire and intrusion do actually work. Case closed.
@JK747 would you mind posting a shot of your zigzag tripwire and rules? I'm having issues getting notified with my simple A<->B tripwires.
1640852300277.png

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @keramics, your object filter for human is active. I am not sure if the firmware is capable to combine tripwire with he SMD feature.
This combination may cause problems, but I have not checked that. Maybe it is an idea to start testing with just a single tripwire rule and see if
you can get that to work. (ofcourse a camera reboot does not hurt, but should not be needed).

For my own purpose when a human or vehicle is detected in the "view zone" then I get an alarm pushed to DMSS. So I have
turned off tripwire. SMD really works quite good. ( in rare cases a cat is labelled as a human and some "real humans" have
been missed, in 99% of the cases it is ok, so good enough, since my address is not "397 Redmar blvd" :)

When I tested tripwire (previous release camera firmware), it did work with a simple contiguous 3 peaks zig zag line. You also
want to check if the problem is perhaps related to alarm push versus on camera registration. If for some reason there is a problem
with DMSS or any other app, you may not see any push messages.

If all of the above fails, you want to check if there is a camera FW upgrade available for you and upgrade the device.
( My guess however is that the Dahua dev team has not touched tripwire for a while as they seem to be busy to move "things into the "cloud", if
anyone on the forum has more info about firmware changes that info is welcome!)