Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A vs Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I

hippak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.

Any thoughts on what to choose between these two cameras? Based on my research it looks like turret style is the most recommended for my usage. I will be purchasing 6 cameras along with an NVR.

My location requires me to purchase from Aliexpress so I will be buying them from xinray which seems reputable.

One thing to note, the Dahuas are much cheaper but are listed as "multi-language". The Hikvisiona are more expensive but are English firmware/upgradable. Should I be concerned about this? I have heard that there is no issue with Dahua and region locking...

Thanks!

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Any thoughts on what to choose between these two cameras?
If you're using an NVR, it's best to not mix-n-match brands. Dahua NVR, get Dahua cams.

I have heard that there is no issue with Dahua and region locking...
Hikvision has more pitfalls to updating the f/w. So hiks are easier to brick.

purchase from Aliexpress so I will be buying them from xinray which seems reputable.
Purchasing from Empiretecandy, who's a member on this forum, gets good pricing , quick delivery, and great support for Dahua products.

Fastb

hippak

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fastb. I haven't actually purchased an NVR as of yet... was planning on matching depending on which brand of cameras I go with.

In terms of quality is there a recommended Dahua camera that anyone would suggest that is comparable to the DS-2CD2342WD-I Turret?

Thanks!

hippak

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks!

Looks like I will be going with the Starlight Variofocal IPC-HDW5231R-Z. Proabably a stupid question but for outdoor use, if I want to mount these in different locations around my home e.g vertical wall, overhang etc... can i use the included mount? or do I need to purchase an additional mount?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have turrets, can't say
Search forum for the. Dahua accessory/ mounts catalog.
Search for installation pics of users putting it up
Lastly, the cam spec sheet should shed light

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I used a PFA137 (little round box) to mount my turret to a wall next to the front door.
The PFA runs about $10, fits the turret perfectly, and gives you some place to put the connector that comes out of the camera. Thinking about it, it would be difficult to mount this camera without the PFA, or the other mounting box that Dahua makes for this size turret. Other box has an arm to hold the camera.

Randy

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
The best Thanks is to click "thanks" at the bottom of the poster who helped you. It's persistent & not fleeting like a Thanks in some soon-to-be-obscure thread.
Randytsuch may appreciate it
Fastb