Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE - FL, HFoV, Zoom Values & ppf Chart

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I made an excel spreadsheet for myself when playing around with the 5231's varifocal lens. I made sure my first camera has a varifocal lens so I can play around with the zoom to get a better understanding of what the 2.8mm, 3.6mm, 6.0mm, etc would look like for the future. What I wanted to know is what the exact zoom values on the webui represented in terms of focal length. After moving the zoom slider on the webUI 'live' page (click on the 'zoom and focus' button at the bottom), you can see the zoom value by hovering the cursor over the slider. The default value is set at 0 which means it is fully zoomed out at 101 degrees HFoV and 2.7mm. When the slider is moved fully to the right it completely zooms in at 31 degrees HFoV and 13.5mm with a value of 2390. Using this information I made a chart that shows the most common FL cameras such as the 2.8mm, 3.6mm, 6.0mm, etc with their corresponding zoom values so I know what value to set the camera to get the desired FL. In addition to this, I also recorded the ppf at 10, 20, 30 and 40 feet (based on calculator.ipvm.com) to get an idea of the clarity I would expect at different distances. I apologize if there are any errors, let me know if you notice anything wrong and I can make a correction. Anyway I figure I would post this and hopefully it will help someone out. Also let me know if something like this already exists.

Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Zoom Values.png