Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE SD-card (and other) issues

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My camera is giving me more problems.

2 days ago (August 29) I changed 2 things.
Around 15:00 in the afternoon, I removed an old IVS tripwire rule and replaced it with a new one (landscaping changed so I had to change the rules).
Every setting I got right, I verified it also with another camera if settings were the same.

This camera (along with a IPC-T5442T-ZE) is connected through POE-injectors to a router/access-point. That AP has a wired ethernet connection to my router.
Yesterday I replaced that AP with a new one. Therefore I unplugged power from all those devices (AP and both POE-injectors).

Since then, my 5231 has problems. IVS is not working anymore. No recordings on the SD-card and no IVS recordings on my NVR. (continues records are working fine).
The camera is now giving al sorts of SD-card errors in the logs.

It seems to have stared with log type: "Event Begin"
Code:
Type:Event Begin
Content:
Channel NO.: 1
Event Type: No Disk
Then:
Code:
Type:Hot Swap
Content:
Action: Insert Device
BUS: MMC
Device Name: mmc0
Logic No.: -1
Media: FLASH
Physical No.: 0
Followed by:
Code:
Type:Event End
Content:
The next afternoon (August 30) when I was checking the recordings for the previous night, I noticed the 5321 had no IVS recordings, neither did the NVR (for the 5231)
I may have rebooted the camera at that point, but I can't remember.
Then at 15:33:45:
Code:
Type:Hot Swap
Content:
That night I started to look into all of this, I may have rebooted the camera at that point, maybe even formatted the SD-card throught the camera's webinterface, but at 20:42:47:
Code:
Content:
At 20:44:03:
Code:
ype:Hot Swap
Content:
At 21:09:14:
Code:
Content:
And it sort of keeps going like this. Meanwhile I tried several things. Format the SD-card through the camera's webinterface. Rebooted several times. Checked the IVS settings over and over again.

A few minutes ago I removed the SD-card from the camera and put it in my laptop. (laptop was able to see the contents of the card) and did a format of the card.
Put it back in the camera and another format. Another look at the IVS-settings but still nothing.

No IVS recordings, both on the camera's SD-card as the NVR while live-view and continues recording is fine.

So definitely something with the SD-card or how the camera is 'seeing' the card or whatever. I have seen some similar problems on this forum before, but no real solution there.
But even if the card is the issue, why is my NVR not storing the IVS-events?
May it have been a power problem (I basically just yanked the POE-injector from the socket) but this wasn't the first time. Power is sometimes removed and the camera has no real way of powering down if you have to maintain it or something else)

I happen to have a SD-card on my way from Amazon for another camera (the camera I won with Andy's lottery) and I can try that one, but the SD-card in the 5231 is a brand new Sandisk High Endurance 256GB card I installed about a month ago (since my 5231 seemed to have SD-card problems before (and also pretty slow webinterface at times) and talked about these problems on this forum too.

TLDR: does anyone recognize these problems and better yet; have a solution?
The 5442 is right above this camera, so at least it still have IVS recordings for humans/vehicles, but since this one for some stupid reason cannot trigger IVS for non-humans/vehicles despite having a checkbox (target filter) to trigger for anything that triggers the iVS, not just humans/vehicles) I rely on the 5231 above it to trigger its IVS for animals that walk by through the night.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Removed the SD-card from the 5231 and rebooted. Still the same issue. No IVS triggers comes throught towards the NVR.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I managed to make some progress. I factory reset the 5231 and now the IVS events get to the NVR.
I haven't installed the SD card yet, that's something for tomorrow. Hopefully that'll work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That was going to be my suggestion was a factory reset. I had a 52xx series that I think the firmware got corrupt with an SD card and that fixed it.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So probably a good idea to format the SD-card on my laptop before placing it in the camera and then another format through the camera's webinterface, just to be sure.

The reset did mess things up. It got the same IP-adress as the 5442 and all things went wrong. These things/problems take years of my life...