Dahua IPC-HFW1420SP

plutonium

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear forum members,

I have an issue with mentioned camera and would like to read some thoughts and possible solutions.

My configuration is:
Video recorder - NVR2108HS-8P-S2
5x camera - HFW1420SP

2 cameras are near, appx. 7 meters away and they work fine.
3 cameras are litlle bit away, appx. 20-40m away. And they are dead... When I remove cameras and bring them close to recorder and connect with short cable they are good. As soon as I connect them on cable 20-40m long, camera does not want to work. Cables are tested and all of them have continuity and good color code.

Any ideas? I stuck here and cant move on...please help.

Thank you!
Regards,
Mario
Croatia

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear forum members,

I have an issue with mentioned camera and would like to read some thoughts and possible solutions.

My configuration is:
Video recorder - NVR2108HS-8P-S2
5x camera - HFW1420SP

2 cameras are near, appx. 7 meters away and they work fine.
3 cameras are litlle bit away, appx. 20-40m away. And they are dead... When I remove cameras and bring them close to recorder and connect with short cable they are good. As soon as I connect them on cable 20-40m long, camera does not want to work. Cables are tested and all of them have continuity and good color code.

Any ideas? I stuck here and cant move on...please help.

Thank you!
Regards,
Mario
Croatia
This is almost certainly due to improperly terminating cables.... The cables must be terminated using a 568 standard... Use 568B. You cannot simply match the colors at the end that will not work on the longer runs as you see.. and you should fix it on the short runs as well because you are likely suffering from packet loss..

plutonium

n3wb
Reaction score
You were absolutely right. Thanks a lot for this solution. My cameras are now online.

I'm not much into networks, cameras etc. and I thought colors does not matter as long as order of wires is same on both sides. I wash so wrong...

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You were absolutely right. Thanks a lot for this solution. My cameras are now online.

I'm not much into networks, cameras etc. and I thought colors does not matter as long as order of wires is same on both sides. I wash so wrong...

Thank you!
make sure you fix the short runs as well...you will have issues when packet loss occurs and you may miss vital video.