dahua ipc-hfw4431r-z url not found in browser after factory reset

Reaction score
Hi wizened sages,

I just did a factory reset on a dahua ipc-hfw4431r-z bullet cam. I looked up the IP address using the Dahua config tool.
I wanted to change the native password first thing using the camera's web app, so I put the IP address into IE all I get is the error message saying the page is not found.
Any ideas on what I need to do to move forward here?

Next I tried adding the camera in BI. BI found it and gave minimal info in the video settings. When I was done the camera would not show any video.

A little back ground, my BI PC is on a subnet of my network. It is 192.168.1.* where the main network is 192.168.0.*.
The camera in question is plugged in to 12v power and the Ethernet cable is plugged into a switch going to the BI PC, a POE switch and the network's main modem/router.
The IP of the new camera came up as 192.168.1.* while all the other cameras have IPs like 192.168.0.*.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Your BI machine needs to be on the 192.168.1.x subnet to be able to "see" the camera. On way around that is to use the config tool and set that to look at the 192.168.1.x range. Another way is to add a second address in the 192.168.1.x range to the NIC of your BI machine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is how most of us get the cameras to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1663795666197.png
Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home.

Reaction score
Your BI machine needs to be on the 192.168.1.x subnet to be able to "see" the camera. On way around that is to use the config tool and set that to look at the 192.168.1.x range. Another way is to add a second address in the 192.168.1.x range to the NIC of your BI machine.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Here is how most of us get the cameras to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

View attachment 140611
Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home.
Thank you wittaj, I will give this a try!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I mean it should be able to be recognized on your BI computer NIC that is the 192.168.1.XXX range, but maybe you already have a device on there at 192.168.1.108 and your IP conflicting out the camera.