Dahua IPC-HFW5302 Bullet Camera Lens?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased a Dahua IPC-HFW5302 bullet camera to hang over my garage. It's working fine except that the field of view isn't as wide as I would like, even with the zoom at its lowest setting. Does anyone know whether anyone sells something like a wide angle lens for this type of camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That camera is a motorized varifocal, you wont find a replacement lens...you should be able to get a wider view with a hikvision 2.8mm fixed lens camera..

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A bit late in visiting the site, but you are exactly correct fenderman. So, I guess I have a camera that I can try to resell on eBay. I am sure that hikvision makes fabulous cameras. They seem to be the most popular camera on this blog, and I assume most of you are professional installers. However, as per advice I've read on this forum, I am going to stick to one make, i.e., Dahua. BTW, I am just a humble homeowner in the process of changing over from my (now no longer manufactured nor supported) Logitech Security cameras. Anyway, I ordered an IPC-HD4300F-PT to experiment with. It is not a wide angle in that the field of view is just 73.5 degrees, but it does have pan and tilt. I will post how this works out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A bit late in visiting the site, but you are exactly correct fenderman. So, I guess I have a camera that I can try to resell on eBay. I am sure that hikvision makes fabulous cameras. They seem to be the most popular camera on this blog, and I assume most of you are professional installers. However, as per advice I've read on this forum, I am going to stick to one make, i.e., Dahua. BTW, I am just a humble homeowner in the process of changing over from my (now no longer manufactured nor supported) Logitech Security cameras. Anyway, I ordered an IPC-HD4300F-PT to experiment with. It is not a wide angle in that the field of view is just 73.5 degrees, but it does have pan and tilt. I will post how this works out.
That camera will give you even less fov...unless you plan on sitting there all day messing with the pan tilt, its going to be worse than your current camera. Also note that the camera has not IR or IR cut filter.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the IPC-HD4300F-PT up and running. I absolutely love the camera. True that it does not have a real wide field of view, but it serves my purpose in that I can focus on the specific area that I need to view at any particular time. The area is well lit during the night, so I do not need the infra red lighting. The caveat is that I am not interested in this particular camera for security, but for viewing specific areas of my property. For security purposes, I agree that a camera with a fixed wide angle lens is superior.