Dahua IPC-HFW5431E-Z5 Camera Problem

rtc1036

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have two of my five Dahua IPC-5431E-Z5 cameras that produce a white screen by day, and work fine at night when it gets dark. When I unplug and reset them, they work fine until the next morning. I have tried adjusting them so they get little direct exposure to the sun at the lens, but it doesn’t seem to have an affect.

My config for the cameras is as follows:
Brightness through Gamma are at 50, BLC says stop, Day&Nighy says color (I have great outside lighting at night that allows a color image), White Balance is on auto, 3D NR is on.

My NVR is a Dahua brand though I don’t recall the specific model at the moment, but it’s less than six months old, as are the cameras.

I’ve attached a screen shot to show what I see during the day. Any ideas of how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I have two of my five Dahua IPC-5431E-Z5 cameras that produce a white screen by day, and work fine at night when it gets dark. When I unplug and reset them, they work fine until the next morning. I have tried adjusting them so they get little direct exposure to the sun at the lens, but it doesn’t seem to have an affect.

My config for the cameras is as follows:
Brightness through Gamma are at 50, BLC says stop, Day&Nighy says color (I have great outside lighting at night that allows a color image), White Balance is on auto, 3D NR is on.

My NVR is a Dahua brand though I don’t recall the specific model at the moment, but it’s less than six months old, as are the cameras.

I’ve attached a screen shot to show what I see during the day. Any ideas of how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I used to service ccd cameras and I'm not sure if it applies, but it sounds like a mechanical iris getting stuck open. I don't know if these cameras use a mechanical iris or not, but try a gentle rap on the camera housing while the picture is washed out, and see what happens. I'm a little out of the loop on current technology but on older units this would usually jar the iris and allow it to close up and regain control of incoming light levels.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rtc1036

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll give it a shot. At this point I’ll try about anything.

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to set your exposure to auto. The cameras are staying in night mode. I don't have that model, but I assume the dahua UI is the same or close to mine.