Dahua IPC-HFW5442T-ASE External Speaker/Mic Audio In/Out not working

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Team. I just bought 6 of these IPC-HFW5442T-ASE cameras for $70 each and for some reason the audio in/out is not working on them. Do you know if there is a special setting I need to enable? Screenshots below. THANK YOU in advance for your help

Camera model

Settings
1690562811422.png

Speaker/Mic combo purchased
I connected a 12v adapter to it and it's making a low buzzing noise hinting at it being on

Attachments

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just switch the yellow and the white and the sound started working, but it's really low even though volume is at full and 12v adapter connected. What could be the reason for the low volume?

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you know why my model doesn't have the "Alarm Audio" tab? Like the screenshot below?

1690573406845.png

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any thoughts on why my device doesn't have the "Alarm Audio" tab? Much appreciated

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any thoughts on why my device doesn't have the "Alarm Audio" tab? Much appreciated
Perhaps alarm Audio tab only available for those cameras with built-in Mic and speaker? My Dahua Color4K-X with built-in mic and speaker got that option, but my old Amcrest/Dahua OEM camera with only built-in Mic does not have Alarm Audio tab as well.

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to force "Alarm audio" through other means like BlueIris Alert "On Alert" actions or that won't work for the 5442s?

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any thoughts on using BlueIris "On Alert" to play a sound on the speaker attached to the Dahua Audio port? It seems like whenever i set it up the sound actually comes out of my BlueIris servers speakers instead of the cameras speakers