Dahua IPC-HFW8232E-Z Day Night Profiles saving over one another

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone ever have issues with the Day/Night profiles saving settings over one another? A search here came up blank.

For instance, if I change "Day" to color only.... "Night" also changes... and vice versa.

If I change "Night" to SmartIR... "Day" also changes.

Anyone know how I can undo this connection? I feel like these profiles have worked fine before in the past.

I am on the latest firmware that's available on the international dahua page, from 8/30/2017

I have done a "Default" reset... the one that keeps IP address and things.. but resets the rest. Trying to avoid the complete default reset if possible.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find this sometimes happens with my cams.
I have found that if you choose Day, and setup all the setting for Day, then save, without choosing night during the process. All is good.
Then choose night, set it all up, and don't change to day while you are setting up night.
And smartIR during the day....it doesn't matter, mine does that too.
OR
If you click save after you have setup each catagory, this will work too.
Their firmware is far from perfect.

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea, not worried about SmartIR for obvious reasons.. but it was an example of something that kept changing.

Well thanks for the reply. I'll try now to see if I don't switch back and forth checking settings... and saving... if it stays put. Glad to know it's not just this one camera... I'll report back in a bit.

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so most of the important things work... IR? fuggedaboutit. But when in color mode.. not worried about that one. Guess I can live with a little non-perfection, as the result is what I wanted.

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try to upgrade the firmware, download from Dahua website, if you got hard time to find firmware, let me know.
expert on Dahua and Hikvison Product, if you need more detail information , feel free to let me know.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I am using the latest that I can find on the Dahua site.

Last edited by a moderator: