Dahua IPC-K200A bidirectional audio

tbever

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua NVR 4208-8P with 5 exterior hdbw 4300e-as dome cameras, working like a champ. I just got a Dahua IPC-K200A which I plan to use for interior monitoring. The NVR recognized the camera no problem and video and unidirectional audio from camera ->PC/tablet seems to work fine. This camera has a microphone and speaker and is supposed to be capable of bidirectional audio. I can listen over the camera just fine from a PC or tablet. However when I try to talk via a computer or tablet to that camera speaker (using the start talk button on the NVR gui) nothing seems to happen, and I have tried all the selectable audio codecs. I tried turning the speaker icon on the NVR interface on and off but no difference. I don't have a mic or speaker connected directly to the NVR but I don't plan on using it that way since the NVR is stuck in an electronics closet. I haven't tried going directly into the camera software directly, just from the NVR interface. I tried to RTFM but not much info there. Anyone have any luck with bidirectional audio?