Dahua N52B3P

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought a used NVR and I’ve been playing with it today but have some questions.

first of all I can’t get the push notifications to work on DMSS. I’m working on it still but that’s the first problem.

Secondly how do I rename the camera or whatever as I look in playback and instead of it saying “garage” it shows me a N52B3P4xxx number. I’d like to change that!

Attachments

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ignore the mess but you can see in this photo I have the camera named “garage” but top left shows another name, which is what I want to change.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Rename it on the NVR under the camera Registration tab there is a tab for Camera Name

Dont trry to make setting changes with the phone app. ALL changes that can be done on the camera GUI itself should be made there on the camera. Recording schedules should be made on the NVR.

The app is good for live viewing, playback and alerts. If you try and make changes to settings, theym ay or may not get pushed back to the NVR/Camera properly.

You have to enable push notifications on the NVR, and you have to register/sign in to a Dahua account on the app

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rename it on the NVR under the camera Registration tab there is a tab for Camera Name

Dont trry to make setting changes with the phone app. ALL changes that can be done on the camera GUI itself should be made there on the camera. Recording schedules should be made on the NVR.

The app is good for live viewing, playback and alerts. If you try and make changes to settings, theym ay or may not get pushed back to the NVR/Camera properly.

You have to enable push notifications on the NVR, and you have to register/sign in to a Dahua account on the app
thank you. I will test what you said and report back

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok update. I was able to get it to push the motion now and record the motion as I wanted. Only issue now is the name but I will verify once I add another camera. I’m guessing where it says “NVR” should actually be labeled “garage”? On the camera itself it’s labeled garage

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No. The NVR is what the app contacts assuming you’re using a Dahua NVR with ports in the back and cameras plugged into them. Then you choose a camera

As mentioned, you Rename the camera on the NVR under the camera Registration tab there is a tab for Camera Name

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You’re talking about this page correct? I have them all named and it showed the NVR as mentioned earlier

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct.
That device is your NVR. You need only to add it. The cameras will appear when you open it to view.

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct.
That device is your NVR. You need only to add it. The cameras will appear when you open it to view.
yes I realize that, however in the app it shows up as NVR when I toggle the notifications on instead of “garage”. If I were to have multiple cameras that I wanted some on and some off I wouldn’t know which is which. Does that make sense?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, Not sure how you got that screen on your app?

All cam names for the app flow from the NVR (assuming your cams are connected directly to the back of the NVR)

So open app
IMG_5934.png
Choose and open NVR- cam names are on cam images
IMG_5935.png

OR click Device Details
IMG_5931.png
Then click multichannel alarm subscription
IMG_5932.png
Then choose an alarm (like IVS)
And can names are there
IMG_5933.png

You assign alerts by individual camera

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As far as camera names goes I’ve noticed if you add site to DMSS before naming/renaming cameras to get them to update sometimes need to force close app, clear cache out of general settings or rarely, delete site and add again. Might be an iPhone vs android thing.

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice. Seems it is working now, I guess it’s an app issue or cache issue like you said. I added another camera and it hasn’t updated yet even though I named it on the NVR

Attachments

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok stupid question but why is this yellow box around my truck? And how do I turn it off?? I’m assuming it’s detection settings but can’t seem to find where

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes it recognizes it as a vehicle and potential target for alert as it should. The bounding boxes wont translate to recorded video.

Is that your NVR interface?

Last edited:

Rusty Ross

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well seems after buying everything and attempting to keep my old cables I have one that doesn’t want to cooperate! Guess it’s back in the attic and running cat6 for the LPR camera. Tried to take easy street and didn’t quite make it.

Is it going to make a difference from a Poe standpoint and the other cameras using ePOE? I’m guessing no but before I run a new cable figured I would ask