Dahua new AI and WizSense models for wildlife (Few Demos)

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I am security engineer from Finland and we use a lot of Dahua cameras for our customers. Some of our customers we have build thermal cameras and PTZ combination for wildlife video capture. Problem is these new Ai and WizSense cameras. These cameras not regognize animals anymore or small heat sources. Some of the new cameras there is option (IVS-rules menu) to turn object filter off but its not going to help. Is there any change to have samekind of firmware for these cameras (DH-TPC-DF1241 ) than older TPC-BF2120 which works great (detect everything)? Customers who wants to use these thermal cameras examble for wildlife video capture can not use these . This problem is also the new Ai PTZ cameras. Not everyone use these cameras for human or vehicle regognizing. Older PTZ models tracks and picks way better for animals than these AI. That is super if these AI PTZ cameras picks animals too. Some times it’s work when animal is right position :).

There should have option to turn camera detect everything.

We use thermal cameras IVS-rules to control PTZ to the right presets. New WizSense thermal models not mark moving heat sources same kind that the older ones without AI and WizSense.

Here is few demos

TPC-BF2120 and Andys SD49425XB (with autotracking), Autotracking picks bear because it’s stand up :).

TPC-BF2120 and Andys SD49425XB. TPC-BF2120 gives presets to PTZ (Works great)

DH-TPC-DF1241. This new WizSense does not detect heated drone. :(. We tested this animals too and same result :(.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have you tried an intrusion zone? I had a similar problem with a Dahua not reacting to line crossing but it works quite well with intrusion.

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have you tried an intrusion zone? I had a similar problem with a Dahua not reacting to line crossing but it works quite well with intrusion.
Hi,
I think problem is that camera doesn't mark the object at all. No square around moving heat object. But I will try that intrusion zone too. Thanks.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh well, it was a thought. I have no idea what else to tell you. Maybe ask Andy, from Empire Tech. He's the hands down expert of Dahua and is generally very helpful . He can also get you cameras and great pricing and is very reputable.

Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh well, it was a thought. I have no idea what else to tell you. Maybe ask Andy, from Empire Tech. He's the hands down expert of Dahua and is generally very helpful . He can also get you cameras and great pricing and is very reputable.

Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com
I dont think anyone can help this because it is software feature. Maybe Dahua will change software even better for these new cameras to serve everyone. Yeah I know Andy. We have done business before. Great guy and help for everyone here.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I have tried many different PTZ's with the new AI algorithm for wildlife and they are too smart.. lol
They work great for what they are designed for, stopping false alarms, but no longer good for "trail cams "

Even with object filter turned off, and no matter what IVS rule you use it does not pick objects, non human / vehicle.
They have done away with the intelligent tracking (without rules) so you can no longer use that either.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Holly cow, that's a bummer. I was wondering about this when they started getting smarter. I have some cheap cams that use around my house to watch the wild critters along with my critters. Otherwise, I won't have any.