Dahua night vision concerns

kolt_

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has been a couple days now since I installed the IPC-T3241T-ZAS. After some changes to the shutter settings for the day/night profiles, I am noticing some things that concern me. When it changes to night vision, it keeps going back and forth from night vision on to off (back to color) for perhaps 10 minutes until it finally stays on night vision. I am wondering if this is normal for an outdoor camera to experience or maybe I configured it incorrectly. The next thing is the IR lights as the right IR light seems to be at half the brightness compared to the left one. Here is a picture although the photo makes them look a lot brighter but I am pretty sure you can still see the difference,

20210714_204830.jpg
20210715_045419.jpg

Here is a snapshot taken in Blue Iris,
Front Driveway 2021-07-15 05.14.56.990 AM.jpg

and here are my exposure settings,
1626340630134.png

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has been a couple days now since I installed the IPC-T3241T-ZAS. After some changes to the shutter settings for the day/night profiles, I am noticing some things that concern me. When it changes to night vision, it keeps going back and forth from night vision on to off (back to color) for perhaps 10 minutes until it finally stays on night vision. I am wondering if this is normal for an outdoor camera to experience or maybe I configured it incorrectly. The next thing is the IR lights as the right IR light seems to be at half the brightness compared to the left one. Here is a picture although the photo makes them look a lot brighter but I am pretty sure you can still see the difference,

View attachment 95247
View attachment 95248

Here is a snapshot taken in Blue Iris,
View attachment 95250

and here are my exposure settings,
View attachment 95251
All normal, you can change the Day/Night sensitivity on the Day & Night tab to see if that helps.
The IR lights are like that, one is illuminates close up, and the other farther away.
Also, adjust the view of the cam so you don't have the IR reflecting off the Soffit, in the upper right corner. That might help as well.

kolt_

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All normal, you can change the Day/Night sensitivity on the Day & Night tab to see if that helps.
The IR lights are like that, one is illuminates close up, and the other farther away.
Also, adjust the view of the cam so you don't have the IR reflecting off the Soffit, in the upper right corner. That might help as well.
That all makes sense, thank you for explaining. I didn't know if that would wear the camera out however I will be sure to adjust the sensitivity and the camera itself. I'm learning that it's a process, trial and error but that's apart of getting the most out of it which I intend to do.

Thank you again