Dahua NVR 0channel-0 multi channel preview URL?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using TInyCam Pro on some cheap Tablet as view monitor for my NVR, but some of them have trouble decoding multiple stream at the same time leading to frame dropping issues. I know that DMSS have the 0channel-0 or multi channel preview available which will let my tablet decode only 1 stream instead. But I have not been able to figure out how to access that stream. The Chrome App seem to suggest this maybe channel 9 (8 channels NVR) but the chrome app wasn't able to pull up channel, I can only access it in the smartphone or windows app.

Thanks in advance

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This issue was just resolved.

I have an NVR4108-HS, just got a new firmware yesterday 1002 (anyone got a change log?) after updating the firmware, accessing the channel N+1 give me the multiple channel preview (where N = your NVR max channel supported, in my case channel 9)

GiovanniG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I've just tried it and it works, I've used rtsp:/login: password@ip:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=0&subtype=0
You need to enable channel 0, in the new XVR is under display settings, no idea for others, be sure this feature exist

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an NVR4108-HS, accessing the channel N+1 give me the multiple channel preview (where N = your NVR max channel supported, in my case channel 9)
Thankyou.
I have just found this works on my NVR5216-16p-I.
At least on my recorder, it captures whatever is on the local monitor (including the mouse).
I could also feed the RTSP stream back into itself as a camera to record.