Dahua NVR 4104HS-P-4KS2 Losing settings

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got this NVR and it keeps losing some settings on reboot,
It will lose all my camera passwords and also the Timezone setting.

The Admin password sticks and is fine, wonder if anyone else has come across this?

Reaction score
Seems it was a firmware bug, kept defaulting to admin admin for camera setup.
Installed a newer version and works fine.

Kerry123

n3wb
Reaction score
I have exact same issue with Dahua DHI-NVR4204, any power loss or reset and camera passwords default back to 'admin'. Will try looking for new firmware, thanks!

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have seen that issue with some dahua NVR's..a firmware update did in fact fix it. My issue was the cams would loose settings on reboot. FYI if you are going to do a update, some USB sticks do NOT like the front usb port, if it fails try the back one, I think its a power thing.

Kerry123

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep can confirm the original firmware on the DHI-NVR4204 is seriously faulty, have updated and now its working flawlessly. There are some other nice features in the new firmware as well.
Chris your right about the front usb port, after using this I now have 2 x bricked usb sticks....

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep can confirm the original firmware on the DHI-NVR4204 is seriously faulty, have updated and now its working flawlessly. There are some other nice features in the new firmware as well.
Chris your right about the front usb port, after using this I now have 2 x bricked usb sticks....
Yea Glad it worked out for you, You are correct about it taking out thumb drives, When I do it I always use the back and make sure NO other files are on the stick. It does really seem that their is a low power problem up front on certain models.