Dahua NVR 4108-4KS2. Pre-recordings issue

ludojoey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there!

I set up my NVR to pre-record the 10 seconds before the event.
Also, I set up my FTP access to upload the videos on my server.

For your information, I just record video when a motion occurs (not recording all the time)

When a motion is detected, the video uploaded on my FTP server HAVE the 10 pre-recorded seconds.

However, when I play back the video from the NVR, Web UI or from the DMSS app (Android), the playback video doesn't show these 10 pre-recorded seconds... Videos start when the event is trimed.

As the uploaded videos have the pre-recorded seconds, I guess my config is correct.

Any idea why I can't get these (important!) seconds from the Web UI or app?

Thanks!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

ludojoey

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I had already read it... But it doesn't reply to my question....

ludojoey

n3wb
Reaction score
I add that pre-recorded part is played also on IE (Edge with IE compatibility + plugin), but not in Chrome nor Firefox (video starts at event time)...
So, it really seems that is a bug in the implementation of the web UI in Firefox, Chrome and in the DMSS app...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, do a search here and elsewhere and you will find the browser used is a big deal.

It is well known that these companies have centered their experience around Internet Explorer. Even brand new devices that "should" work with other browsers, it has been shown that isn't always the case.

Doesn't mean it sometimes works in other browsers, but most here will use Internet Explorer (not edge with IE tab) to ensure they see and get what they expect. Some have had good experience with Pale Moon browser.

ludojoey

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, do a search here and elsewhere and you will find the browser used is a big deal.

It is well known that these companies have centered their experience around Internet Explorer. Even brand new devices that "should" work with other browsers, it has been shown that isn't always the case.

Doesn't mean it sometimes works in other browsers, but most here will use Internet Explorer (not edge with IE tab) to ensure they see and get what they expect. Some have had good experience with Pale Moon browser.

I can undestand this browser issue... but that the pre-recorded part of the video could not be played with THEIR app is, for me, very hard to understand....!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, and it could very well be a thing where the setup was not done in Internet Explorer so then it doesn't convey to their app properly.

Are you making the settings within the NVR or the camera GUI? That can have an impact as well.

ludojoey

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, and it could very well be a thing where the setup was not done in Internet Explorer so then it doesn't convey to their app properly.

Are you making the settings within the NVR or the camera GUI? That can have an impact as well.
I do the settings from the NVR... Well, I will try to contact Dahua and get their explanations.... (don't really hope any solutions...)

And, other issue, this time with the IE plug in: I do a port forward to log to the NVR from outside ... Unfortunately, the plugin seems working only if you are using the port 80 or 443... from, for example, port 8082, no video, just the plug in saying "Log in first"...!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Pre Record / PR - Amount of buffer that is recorded before an event IF a target is detected. NVR and cams are separate here so if you use an SD card in cam, the settings from the connected NVR (Dahua in this example) will NOT propagate the camera Pre Record. In Dahua cams you will find this in the web GUI within Storage, Record Control Menu. In Dahua NVRs (running 4.0) you’ll find this in Storage, Schedule, Record menu and can set for all channels or individual ones.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I just tested on a 5216 using a 5442-VF with IVS rules and it worked and played back fine on the DMSS app, (smart event only chosen) as well as SmartPSS, NVR UI Playback, as well as export mp4

Set recording for IVS ONLY (no general recording)

Set pre-record to 10 seconds
1st clip was approx 20 seconds, 10 pre and 10 post tripwire event.

Set pre-record to 0
2nd clip was approx 10 seconds all post event. No Pre and actually misses the event.

I’m guessing this is because the actual event is < 1second long. So while I see me just barely leaving camera view, the recording takes another second? To activate. This was done in my spare bedroom waking in front of the camera at about 2 feet as I don’t have any external cameras hooked up to this unit currently.

Event as defined as the instant the tripwire is activated and flashes red (on SmartPSS)

Last edited:

ludojoey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

Issue resolved I think.

My NVR 4108-4KS2 had the firmware V4.001.0000005.1.R.210713 from July 13th 2021.

I found a newer one (not on the dahuasecurity.com site, but on dahuawiki site Index of /images/Files/Firmware ): V4.001.0000005.2.R.220719, from July 19th 2022.

Since then, the playback videos have the pre-recorded part on Chrome and Firefox, and also in the DMSS app!

Just weird that this last firmware is not present on the page product of dahuasecurity.com...

Thanks for all your reply and this forum!