Dahua NVR 608 playback jumps to hours only

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this NVR set up to record always and also have motion control on so it will show yellow on the search bar where there's motion, but if you search anywhere outside the motion blocks, it jumps ahead or back to the closest hour. You can't play any of the green area showing what's been recorded on the search bar directly. If you let it play, it will play through the green, you just can't get to a specific part directly.

Any idea what might be going on?

kmax1940

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, did you ever solve this problem? We have quite a few Dahua NVRs that have the same issue.

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope. I found some newer firmware that may fix it, but not knowing where it came from, I'm reluctant to install it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
is this through the OSD/WebUI or SmartPSS, or perhaps all of the above?

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is this through the OSD/WebUI or SmartPSS, or perhaps all of the above?
It's using the search function of the NVR on screen. Normally you can jump anywhere in the timeline by clicking on the area you want to check and it just plays. With this box, it jumps to hour markers or yellow motion markers, and you can only see the area between if you let it play. VERY annoying.

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, hey! I actually found legit firmware that fixes this problem! You have to install two updates, a big one, then a small one. We have the 64 channel one, but they have an update for the 32 channel 608, too.

Download the two firmware updates for the 64 channel 608 here:
http://dahuawiki.com/USA/NVR/Super/DHI_NVR6A08_64_4K

Then install them in order. I did mine from the USB. FINALLY can search anywhere in the timeline!

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
It's using the search function of the NVR on screen. Normally you can jump anywhere in the timeline by clicking on the area you want to check and it just plays. With this box, it jumps to hour markers or yellow motion markers, and you can only see the area between if you let it play. VERY annoying.
I have kind of the same issue with a 4k NVR..It seems I have no way to zoom in on a search using the NVR software. I can only go down to a 30 min area.dvr.jpg

It makes is difficult to search this way.

If I use the web GUI I get a sliding bar and can really click and zoom in with no issues, Is this the issue you are having?
gui.jpg

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have kind of the same issue with a 4k NVR..It seems I have no way to zoom in on a search using the NVR software. I can only go down to a 30 min area.

It makes is difficult to search this way.
That's the normal search bar - 24 hour, 2 hour, 1 hour, 30 minute. If you're using motion detection to mark when things are happening in yellow, you should be easily able to jump from place to place ONCE YOU UPDATE THE FIRMWARE. Currently the firmware most have has a bug where it jumps around and won't let you select anywhere on the timeline.

In your example, there's 9 yellow marks. So you'd click to one then zoom to the 30 minute or 1 hour view to blow up everything around that. Works great when it works as expected, which it hasn't for like a year until this new firmware.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea I wished they would have the sliding scale instead of the clock but hey I guess that's the way it is. Mine works fine but was most likely patched before I received it from Nelly's. Thanks for looking at my post, appreciate it .

onedsf

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your follow up. The updated firmware has injected new life into my NVR.