Dahua NVR alarm out question

rodb

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to connect a Z Wave dry contact sensor to my NVR5216-16P-4KS2E. If this is possible. AlarmIO.pngIn software, web or PSS client, It allows a selection of either alarm 1 or 2. I can't figure out the labeling logic on the back of the NVR for alarm connections. Is C1 a normally closed connection for alarm 1 and the first connector on the top row? Is NO1 a normally open connection for alarm 1, second position on the top row? I put a meter on it and the two grounds are on the bottom row at position 3 and 6. I found no continuity with any other connector looking for the normally closed pin. What are connections A and B? And what are the other connections on the bottom row? I may have to work on the software end before I can get it to work and just need to know that I have the hardware connected properly. Does the NC have to be set up in software to be energized and that is why I can't find it? Any help appreciated.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure is you're wanting to use the NVR alarm inputs or outputs, so I'm just going to dump what I know. I'm using the alarm inputs, which are the 4 numbered contacts on the bottom row. I set this up a long time ago and memory is fuzzy. I'm driving them with a monostable, and I don't remember is the inputs float high or if you have to drive them high. To find out, just measure voltage between an input and ground. If it's 3.3 or 5 volts, I'd guess you just drive it to ground to trigger the input. The NO or NC trigger state is configurable in the NVR's UI. For the relay outputs, my best guess is that "C" means common, NO means normally open, and there is no normally closed available. As an FYI, if you need a little bit of DC power, you can "steal" that from pin A of the rs485 interface.

Edit: After the fact I see that "alarm out" is in the title. Sorry for all the info you didn't ask for.

rodb

n3wb
Reaction score
tigerwillow1 thank you. Actually your answer did help in that you said the word "common" which when reading the manual went right over my head. I connected the Z Wave dry contact sensor to C1 and NO1 and the IVS tripwire alarm triggered the sensor.