dahua nvr and camera ip change

perthish80

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone
im having a dahua 5 camera setup with 1 nvr
my setup is simple in wich all the wiring is comming from the camera to a network switch and from the switch a single wire to my router for all 5 camera
wheras the nvr is directly connected to the router via ethernet port
recently i have changed the carrier of my ISP and so i had the reconfiure the network on a whole in which i changed the main router web ui to 192.168.1.1 (PROVIDED BY THE ISP)
and my home netwrk to 192.168.2.1 for all my home traffic
so far i am having an issue in which when ever the automaintain feature rebbot my system one of hte camera ip changes and along with it nvr ip also change
i have set ip pool for camera excluding the camera ip set from the router
and set all the camera and nvr on static mannually assigned ip via the router and changed the ip in the cameras as well
however on every restart one of the camera and nvr chnage the ip address which is resulting in locking of that camera feed
any help is greatly appreciated
thankyou in advance

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not connect the camera's switch to a LAN port on the router, instead run the NVR's LAN port to the camera's switch then camera switch to router (router LAN ports are not that efficient and can choke).

Insure that the static IP's you assigned to the NVR's LAN and all the cams are unique, on the same subnet AND are outside of the router's DHCP pool. Instead, the router may allow for IP reservations but in case it does not OR it's not functioning be on the safe side and use IP's that are outside of its DHCP pool.
You may have to log into the router and change that pool.

Example: Router's LAN is 192.168.1.1, set DHCP pool to .2 to .99, use .100 to .254 for all your static devices.

perthish80

n3wb
Reaction score
Do not connect the camera's switch to a LAN port on the router, instead run the NVR's LAN port to the camera's switch then camera switch to router (router LAN ports are not that efficient and can choke).

Insure that the static IP's you assigned to the NVR's LAN and all the cams are unique, on the same subnet AND are outside of the router's DHCP pool. Instead, the router may allow for IP reservations but in case it does not OR it's not functioning be on the safe side and use IP's that are outside of its DHCP pool.

Thankyou for the reply sir
I have selected the router pool different only reseved ip for the camera strt frm .2 to .30 and dhcp has been set frm .31 onwards but still whenever i reboot the nvr i dont knw wht happens the ip changes of the nvr and 1 camera too gets changed then i reset the ip of both the camera and the nvr and reboot the camera to male the feed online again ..still have no idea what is causing it

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe your router's "IP reservation" feature is not working, so try what I said:

1) Insure the NVR and cams are configured for a "static" IP.
2) Choose unique static IP's for the NVR and cams that are outside of the router's DHCP pool.
3) Lastly, it may be your browser: log into a cam or NVR using your browser, make a simple change, save it and see if it "sticks".

BTW, what browser are you using?

perthish80

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe your router's "IP reservation" feature is not working, so try what I said:

1) Insure the NVR and cams are configured for a "static" IP.
2) Choose unique static IP's for the NVR and cams that are outside of the router's DHCP pool.
3) Lastly, it may be your browser: log into a cam or NVR using your browser, make a simple change, save it and see if it "sticks".

BTW, what browser are you using?
Im using crome sir ...just checked and found out that upnp services of the camera was not working as it was set to manual i have corrected that and hopefully ive set the automatically maintain featurw to reboot tomorrow ..hoping this will fix the issue