Dahua NVR and external microphone

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have Dahua NVR4108HS-4KS2 and two cameras IPC-HFW1230S.
Cameras don't have built in mic nor audio connector to connect external microphone. Receiver has two female RCA connectors, labeled Mic IN and Mic out.
I have external microphone from link below:

My idea is to place this microphone near one of two cameras, power it with 12V and connect it with NVR for sound recordin. Is it possible?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes. You’ll have to get a 12v psu, the link you posted doesn’t come with one.

Reactions: hae

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. You’ll have to get a 12v psu, the link you posted doesn’t come with one.
Hello, thanks for reply.
Strange thing is, there is no audio option in settings (at least I can't find it). I don't know then what is purpose of two RCA connectors...

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
It should record using those but audio adjustments will be dependent on the camera GUI
Hello, thanks for reply. You mean audio settings can be found using camera Web interface? I connected to camera IP address using Web browser, logged in but didn't find audio settings there.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Duh, sorry, your camera doesn’t have audio. Not enough coffee

On your NVR under Video/Encode look for a “More” button which will popup the audio settings

NVR-Audio.jpg

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
Duh, sorry, your camera doesn’t have audio. Not enough coffee

On your NVR under Video/Encode look for a “More” button which will popup the audio settings

View attachment 191122
I have no idea why there is no "More" button...
Here is what I did: I opened SmartPSS software, clicked on "Devices CFG", then on left side, under "Default Group" I selected my NVR and clicked on "Link to WEB". I logged in to NVR and under SETTING I clicked on CAMERA. Here are screenshots:
kamera1.jpg
kamera2.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm I dont know.

I wonder if using Smart Codec is disabling it? We dont generally recommend Smart Codec as it does affect some functions

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm I dont know.

I wonder if using Smart Codec is disabling it? We dont generally recommend Smart Codec as it does affect some functions
I disabled Smart Codec and then rebooted NVR but still there is no "More" button. Really strange...
Honestly, I don't know what "Smart Codec" means but when disabled, it is almost impossible to live view cameras because it is very slow so I enabled it.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe try from the nvr itself? The only time I’ve used a rca mic on a dahua it was an xvr model and it had a separate section called audio on second page next to display.

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe try from the nvr itself? The only time I’ve used a rca mic on a dahua it was an xvr model and it had a separate section called audio on second page next to display.
You mean I should connect NVR with VGA (or HDMI) Monitor and try to find audio option there?

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried it. There is no "More" button. Probably there is no one on planet Earth to explain two RCA connectors on this device then :)

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I stand corrected, the tab I was talking about is for output rca. Might be a few days before I’m back to the place I have one working at to check for you. Just a thought though, have you plugged anything into the rca yet? Maybe you don’t have an more tab if it doesn’t detect something plugged in.
IMG_4941.jpegIMG_4940.jpeg

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
I stand corrected, the tab I was talking about is for output rca. Might be a few days before I’m back to the place I have one working at to check for you. Just a thought though, have you plugged anything into the rca yet? Maybe you don’t have an more tab if it doesn’t detect something plugged in.
View attachment 191150View attachment 191151
Thanks a lot. I have also that tab, it is on second "page":

kamera3.jpg
kamera4.png

I saw it already...
This is first time I'm using RCA ports. I have also another model of mic so I will try it now. I will also update NVR firmware.

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
When I turn off POE switch, "More" button appears. Nothing happens when I click on it, probably because cameras are turned off... But it appears. On some way, POE switch with cameras connected to it make "More" button disappears. There are two modes on it: Extend and default. Extend mode is selected (using slide button).
I tried to update firmware but without success. I downloaded it from official Dahua site, put it on USB but when I click UPDATE button and choose .bin file, update process starts but after few seconds NVR reboots. When I check in system informations, there are old system informations. I will attach photos.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Show a picture of the PoE switch with the slider . I wonder if you use default if it makes a difference. I assume that’s PoE vs PoE+ maybe…

hae

n3wb
Reaction score
At this moment, I have not physical access to PoE so I will make photo tomorrow.
Maybe If I choose Default mode, I will solve problem :)