Dahua NVR - black pause after IVS event

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upgraded nvr firmware. While checking for issues noticed that when there is IVS event NVR creates a 5 sec black pause in the recording while it's saving the mini clip.
I remember these issues were discussed before, but cannot find the thread.
I did not check if old firmware had these issues or not

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the recorded playback timeline show the black pause? If so, you may not have IVS set to record in the storage menu ... IVS is a separate recording, but as long as it appears in the playback menu I would think you’re fine.

Are you recording full time + IVS?

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the recorded playback timeline show the black pause? If so, you may not have IVS set to record in the storage menu ... IVS is a separate recording, but as long as it appears in the playback menu I would think you’re fine.

Are you recording full time + IVS?
I am recording full time + IVS. Dont think it was an issue in the previous firmware. Now any events like motion detection, IVS etc that I set to record channel, produce a 5 sec pause before the actual event recording is displayed - time on the event recording is 5 sec past the last time I see before the black screen. And if I untick the events in the playback, I see gaps in the main recording stream where events used to be

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had the same issue before, for me it works now that I changed the settings for recording, Main stream is now set to auto and substream to manual.

For some reason when I had main on manual (always on, right?) the events where recorded in sub.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hm... tried to view via the DMSS app - no gap

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
We’re you using IE for the NVR? Somethings don’t display right unless you use IE

also try SmartPSS for viewing and downloading clips. Much better than the NVR interface.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
after v4 of nvr firmware it does not need a plugin to play. DMSS is the new app

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah Ive heard of it... ;) But it still works better with IE and Smartpss is for the desktop

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. So far I have:
1. Issue with playback through the browser. It does not record main stream and IVS separately. It chops the main stream at the event time and save the even as a separate file. Takes a bit to load it, so its not a smooth experience watching it through the browser. Seem to play ok through the app
2. Even though it looks like it can manage cameras, it reverts back to the old settings after some time (probably after camera reboot for maintenance). Have not checked to be sure

I think I will be going back to the old firmware. Did not see any improvements in the new one, apart from the security side of things