Dahua Nvr Bricked

majeb

n3wb
Reaction score
I made yesterday a Update of the nvr but now looped in the bootmode again again again.

20191214_144516.jpg

Please help
I attaced a picture of putty

Attachments

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello majeb, could we ask where you purchased it from please? As this may be useful, as there's Dahua products that are worldwide and also hacked Chinese versions as well.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems that you have an uart adapter

Shouldnt be hard for you

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you already tried to flash via TFTP? If you dont, FIRST try to flash an image via TFTP. According to your screenshot, it should work. Start from scratch. If you can interrupt the boot, it should not restart.

You cant interrupt the startup ? Then you may have flashed the bootloader instead of the image. If you have, your device is bricked and needs a reflash of the bootloader, which is nearly impossible without a programmer.

Is this device from EPS or German Protect ? There are not many reseller of dahua in germany which sells B2C. Only B2B.

Last edited:

Kendive

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I made yesterday a Update of the nvr but now looped in the bootmode again again again.

Please help
I attaced a picture of putty
Wow that sucks... I have not up dated my NVR since I bought it from Andy for this very reason. Works great why mess with it.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
For all:

It seems that the bootloader was flashed on this device (because uboot shows june 2019).
It is impossible to flash an image over tftpd with the common commands (run dr,... etc), it just wont transmit. Older images (before 2019) can be transmitted, but get an checksum failed and do not write. So I think this is a downgrade protection.

According to boot output, it seems that the device boots up good, but has a reboot after 30s. So it hangs in a reboot loop.