Dahua NVR but Onvif camera ip conflict

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I use 4 cameras of the same brand on my Dahua DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS2 model device without any problems. Recently, I bought 2 different brands of cameras to try. One is a brand called Jovision and the other is a Hikvision brand. If you look at the screenshot I added, you can see that the IP addresses of the cameras in port 3 and port 5 are the same, that is, they overlap. The camera in port 3 is already Dahua. But the camera in port 5 is jovision. I can't change ip with double click on jovision camera. but I had opened dhcp from the camera's own interface. so actually NVR is giving this ip.

I don't know what to do. Do you have any ideas?

Best regards

Mustafa

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. I use 4 cameras of the same brand on my Dahua DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS2 model device without any problems. Recently, I bought 2 different brands of cameras to try. One is a brand called Jovision and the other is a Hikvision brand. If you look at the screenshot I added, you can see that the IP addresses of the cameras in port 3 and port 5 are the same, that is, they overlap. The camera in port 3 is already Dahua. But the camera in port 5 is jovision. I can't change ip with double click on jovision camera. but I had opened dhcp from the camera's own interface. so actually NVR is giving this ip.

I don't know what to do. Do you have any ideas?

Best regards

Mustafa
Remove then re-install the cam in port 5?
If no joy, apply hard reset to cam in port 5?

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, Thank you for your suggestions.
I tried removing and re-plugging Jovision on port 5 last night but it didn't work. I also tried deleting and re-introducing it in the camera list but it still didn't work. However, when I fed the camera externally with 12v, plugged it into my network switch, opened the web interface from the computer, and then plugged it back into the NVR, it worked. But this morning I restarted nvr just to try and Jovision is gone again. now it looks offline but there is no problem with Hikvision in port 6 and 4 other dahua cameras. Cat 6 cable is 2 meters and I don't think it will be a problem. Do you have anything in mind?

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello, Thank you for your suggestions.
I tried removing and re-plugging Jovision on port 5 last night but it didn't work. I also tried deleting and re-introducing it in the camera list but it still didn't work. However, when I fed the camera externally with 12v, plugged it into my network switch, opened the web interface from the computer, and then plugged it back into the NVR, it worked. But this morning I restarted nvr just to try and Jovision is gone again. now it looks offline but there is no problem with Hikvision in port 6 and 4 other dahua cameras. Cat 6 cable is 2 meters and I don't think it will be a problem. Do you have anything in mind?
Are you absolutely sure that port #5 is providing sufficient PoE power to the Jovision camera? If it works with fine 12V eternal power but doesn't work without it then you have a PoE power issue. NVR's have a limited PoE power budget so make sure you are not exceeding that limit with the number of PoE cameras you have connected. Just for debug purposes I would suggest removing all connected cameras from the NVR except the Jovision and see if that works, and if it does then start reconnecting the other cameras one at a time until it either all works or it breaks. If it breaks then you have exceeded the PoE power budget of the NVR.

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

It is very interesting that even if I feed the jovision camera in port 5 with external 12v, after restarting the NVR, I can't get any video. I've tried other ports as well. Especially after the restart, it does not receive the 10.0.1.* ip taken by other cameras again, and it tries to get an ip like 169...* and therefore does not display the image. Likewise in hikvision using ONVIF it continues to show the same without any issues. I think I'm going to give up on Jovision.