Dahua NVR+CAM only record SMD->Human

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
The Setup i got: IPC-HFW3441TP-ZS + NVR4208-8P-4KS2/L
I'm not totally new to the Dahua Products,but i cant get this working .
So the SMD is bound to the MD.Means i cant enable SMD without enabling the MD.
But i want the System only record the SMD event.Motion detected-> Human detected->yes keep the Record.
I mean if the System still records Birds flying,Rain,Lightning Changes its pretty dumb.
I nearly tried every Setting there.
While i was writing this, another Idea came to my Mind.
Maybe just dont set the Mask in MD?Is this the Way to go?

thankful for any Help.

Greets

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe that one goes without the other, I have completely removed and just configured the IVS BUT AT NIGHT It's not yet perfect in my situation

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please post screenshots of MD menu, SMD menu and Record Schedule.

In which app/menu do you view the recorded MD's?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe, in theory, SMD is supposed to override regular MD and apply AI “only” to the detection zone …

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you want SMD for your complete image and you don't want to ignore some parts on the screen, you can just setup SMD in the normal way.

In case you just want only a special area covered by SMD, then you should use Intrusion-boxes like Looney2ns said. My experience is bad when using SMD combined with motion detection area.

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello again and thanks for your Replies so far.

I believe that one goes without the other, I have completely removed and just configured the IVS BUT AT NIGHT It's not yet perfect in my situation
Not really.If i enable SMD , then the Checkbox in the normal MD got activated as well.
IVS Rules like Area's and Tripwires is a different thing.Thats working alone,yes.

Please post screenshots of MD menu, SMD menu and Record Schedule.
In which app/menu do you view the recorded MD's?
On the NVR and anywhere else.
I played with the Settings .Changed it to record only 1 of the Event Groups.One by One.
But the Result was either no Recording or every Motion, not just Humans or Vehicle.
So with these Settings if keeps the SMD Events,also searchable within the AI Search.
But also keeps the Records of any other Movement...
Screenshot 2021-08-15 215634.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-15 21572118.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-15 215819111.jpg

When you want SMD for your complete image and you don't want to ignore some parts on the screen, you can just setup SMD in the normal way.

Thats what i just wanted.But its not.It records any other movement (towel on Staff holding in the area ;) ) too.

In case you just want only a special area covered by SMD, then you should use Intrusion-boxes like Looney2ns said. My experience is bad when using SMD combined with motion detection area.
Maybe after all thats the Way to do it....
But i couldnt completely test it yet.
My Worries about this: If i make an Intrusion Area drawing it around the Courtyard.I dont want it just recording if a Human or Vehicle enters it.I want it to check and record for Human Movement continously within the Area.Like with the normal MD.Is that just done by checking the "appears" Checkbox?

Screenshot 2021-08-15 222131.jpg

Greets

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wie schön, Sie kommen aus Deutschland :)

Your settings seems to be correct.

To look up your SMD recordings zou should do a search at the AI menu and not at the complete recording at all.

Your last IVS screenshot is right. Make sure when you use IVS you turn off Motion Detection in the alarm menu. For IVS you use the right settings for by creating that Intrusion-area. When this isn't working so well you can add a zigzag pattern of tripwire in that intrusion area.

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
Use IVS tripwires or intrusion boxs instead.

Be sure to setup all of this IN the cameras gui, not in the NVR.
Hey,
is this still an Issue?Thought with up to date Firmware an Hardware from Dahua the Settings are synced pretty good.
Any more Info?Would like to know what can cause Problems .

Greets

PM84

n3wb
Reaction score
Wie schön, Sie kommen aus Deutschland :)

Your settings seems to be correct.

To look up your SMD recordings zou should do a search at the AI menu and not at the complete recording at all.

Your last IVS screenshot is right. Make sure when you use IVS you turn off Motion Detection in the alarm menu. For IVS you use the right settings for by creating that Intrusion-area. When this isn't working so well you can add a zigzag pattern of tripwire in that intrusion area.
Ja :)

Going to try the IVS Method.However still wonder why its not working with the MD+SMD and its keeping the non Human/Vehicle Motions :(