Dahua NVR & Camera - Can't enable Smartplan, SMD or IVS in NVR

Reaction score
I have just recently bought a Dahua NVR4108-4KS2/L which I was using with some existing Hikvison cameras. Having discovered the AI section I have now bought a Dahua IPC-HDW3549TMP-AS-LED camera, which has AI and supports IVS, SMD & Smartplan.

I have enabled IVS in the camera, under Event -> Smartplan and clicked on the bulb icon so it is yellow and then saved the config.

However, when I go to the AI section on the NVR, Parameters -> Smartplan, I get an error message, saying disconnected.

If I click on IVS or SMD on the NVR in this section, I get an error message saying "this config is not supported", no matter which camera is selected.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? As far as I can tell, so long as smartplan is enabled on the camera, then it should be recognised by the NVR. The manual is not much help in this regard.

Thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
I've now figured this out, so will put the answer here, as I know from Google searches, other people have had this problem.

Make sure your connection to the camera is "Private" using TCP port 37777 and not ONVIF. This has now enabled the NVR to communicate with the camera properly and I can now activate Smartplan, SMD, IVS, etc.

I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.