Dahua NVR, cams disappear

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having an issue with a Dahua DHI-NVR5432-16P-I/L . I have 12 cameras on it but they disappear randomly and come back when I restart the NVR. I checked all the cables and remade all the RJ45 plugs but it still disappear randomly.

I disabled the ARP/Ping option so I can make my own network without the server interfering with the IPs but still have the issue.

The cams are all from Dahua (Model: IPC-HDW2831TM-AS-S2)

Do you guys already have a similar issue ?

Thanks in advance

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Just check the NVR's log to see why it's booting/lose connection.
Can try to make a factory default to the NVR and check, also upgrade the fw.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible you max out the limit of the NVR capability with 12 cameras all 8mp high fps and AI rules? Maybe try lower the fps and less AI rules to see if it helps.

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
Just check the NVR's log to see why it's booting/lose connection.
Can try to make a factory default to the NVR and check, also upgrade the fw.
I already tried to make a factory default and I upgraded to the latest firmware (22-11-22)

Imma check the logs and come back with details

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible you max out the limit of the NVR capability with 12 cameras all 8mp high fps and AI rules? Maybe try lower the fps and less AI rules to see if it helps.
Yes they are all 8MP but I enabled smart codec + H265 for all the cameras, 2048kbps of bitrate, 15 fps and I dont use any AI Rules. I've had other NVR with more cameras and same settings and never had this issue...

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
I've checked the logs and when a camera disappear I just get a log saying "Network Disconnected" and sometimes a few minutes later I get "User connected(the server to the camera)" on differents channels

Sometimes the cameras come back but other times it just never come back until the server is restarted.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
First I'd disable H.265 as at best its minimally effective and seems to create other problems.

Can you show a pic of your camera registration page?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have any other POE options? Could this be a POE problem? If you can take some cams off NVR power, does the problem still show?

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
First I'd disable H.265 as at best its minimally effective and seems to create other problems.

Can you show a pic of your camera registration page?

Here's a pic of the registration page. There's 3 cameras off atm

I'll try disabling H265

Attachments

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have any other POE options? Could this be a POE problem? If you can take some cams off NVR power, does the problem still show?

I have a "Enhanced PoE" option, I tried enabling it, it didn't changed anything so i turned it back off

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your NVR has to power 12 cams atm. And PSUs don't get better with time. I am pointing at the NVR PSU as a potential source of trouble. Du you lose the cameras when it gets hot? Or when it gets dark?
If you have other POE sources (like POE switch), take some cams of the NVR and see if they stop failing when on alternative power.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on his pic of the reg page, he's not using the NVR PoE ports... must be using an external switch.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Just run 8 cams to check if have any booting, if no booting then add to 16ch, looks like the POE power is not enough to power all cams, also check how far away those offline camera's distance, the NVR is ePOE, but normal camera can't do long distance power.

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on his pic of the reg page, he's not using the NVR PoE ports... must be using an external switch.
I'm using the built-in PoE Ports, It's like this because I added them manually and disabled the ARP/Ping option because i thought it could be an issue of why the camera keep disconnecting. So that's why it doesnt say it's using Port 1,2,3 etc

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
Your NVR has to power 12 cams atm. And PSUs don't get better with time. I am pointing at the NVR PSU as a potential source of trouble. Du you lose the cameras when it gets hot? Or when it gets dark?
If you have other POE sources (like POE switch), take some cams of the NVR and see if they stop failing when on alternative power.

They disappear randomly, during the day or during the night, when it's raining or sunny... etc

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try to get a PoE Switch to see if they still disappear.. The cables aren't long, the cameras are all like at a 25-30 meters distance.. Some are even closer and still disappear

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
And what is the internal switch settings?
The switch settings are

Server IP : 192.168.2.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1

All cameras network settings are :
Camera 192.168.2.201-212
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1

Although there's no gateway in the network I set it like this because I already had issues by setting the gateway as the server.