Dahua NVR, cams disappear

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK now that makes sense why they're using port 3777

I would unplug them all, plug one in at a time and allow the NVR to recognize them and add them by itself. Not sure why that setup is better than using the default 10.1.1.x? But Im no network guru.

I recall seeing a post some time back about leaving ARP/Ping enabled for a reason(beyond the obvious ping ability) but cant find it. Id turn it back on

I really dont think that 32ch is over burdened with incoming bandwidth.

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
OK now that makes sense why they're using port 3777

I would unplug them all, plug one in at a time and allow the NVR to recognize them and add them by itself. Not sure why that setup is better than using the default 10.1.1.x? But Im no network guru.

I recall seeing a post some time back about leaving ARP/Ping enabled for a reason(beyond the obvious ping ability) but cant find it. Id turn it back on

I really dont think that 32ch is over burdened with incoming bandwidth.

When I installed them I firstly did this, I let the server give his own addresses to the cameras and I let the default switch settings but still had the issue. That's why I made my own network and disabled the ARP/Ping option but didn't change anything :/ And yeah a 32ch NVR shouldn't be annoyed by only 12 cameras. So idk what else to do. Either I try to power them from a PoE Switch or I replace the server by another to see if the issue persists.

Last thing I can think of is the cables could have problems which I don't think so but who knows.

And Yeah P2P is enabled, the client uses it to see his cameras

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I'm stumped.

Has it been setup and working previous? Did this just start or always been like that from Day1? How long since it was installed?

I will say that between the manual adding, port/changing of the switch, H.265, disable ARP/Ping, Smart Codec and P2P, those are all caution against and Im not smart enough of a network guy to tell you how they'll affect things when all taken together.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I stick with my initial bet for now: There is not enough power to go around for 12 cams.

And if not that, lets blame it on hacking...

Edit, how warm is the NVR?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I was just at my buddies house yesterday, running now 22 cameras on a 5432-16P-4KS2 so slightly older but close to same machine.
16 2MP (5231's) cams at 6144 and 30fps, 6 4MP (5442s) at 8192 and 30fps.
16 are using the NVR PoE ports and 6 on an external switch
Running fine

Seems to me both are under the power limit, and bandwidth.

I like turning off all that shit i mentioned, resetting the switch to default, turning off P2P and start from a baseline

H.265, Smart Codec, and check each camera for ROI being enabled (turn it off) all can make a mess of things

Then hacking :p

Lowden27

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I'm stumped.

Has it been setup and working previous? Did this just start or always been like that from Day1? How long since it was installed?

I will say that between the manual adding, port/changing of the switch, H.265, disable ARP/Ping, Smart Codec and P2P, those are all caution against and Im not smart enough of a network guy to tell you how they'll affect things when all taken together.
Yep it was like that since the day we've installed it, 1 month and a half ago.

I stick with my initial bet for now: There is not enough power to go around for 12 cams.

And if not that, lets blame it on hacking...

Edit, how warm is the NVR?
Its temperature is normal, it's in a room with an air conditionner.
If it's hacking, if I disconnect it from internet the issue should stop, right ?

I'll go back there today and I'll first try powering the cameras with an external switch.