Dahua NVR - can't access camera configuration

dh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 Dahua cameras and a Dahua NVR. Recently the HDMI output on the NVR seems to have stopped working. I had set up the IVS rules using a TV with the HDMI output. Not a big deal, I can remote in and use SmartPSS. I had a few things change with the yard layout so I wanted to alter the IVS rules. I tried to do this in SmartPSS, but I couldn't find the setting. The cameras are plugged into the NVR which has the built in PoE power. When I add the NVR to SmartPSS, I don't get the option to alter the IVS rules. I attempted to get into the camera configuration settings via the Internet Explorer link on the camera settings page of the NVR, but the video wouldn't display in Firefox or Chrome. While troubleshooting, I rebooted the NVR, and now the IE links from the NVR camera configuration page no longer work, they just time out. I have the NVR set as 192.168.1.110, and the cameras show up as , 10.1.1.66, 10.1.1.67, and 10.1.1.68 on the NVR. None of these will load from my PC and are all timing out. I'm not sure what else I can to do to access the IVS rules. The cameras are still recording just fine, but this is starting to frustrate me. Any ideas on what I can do? Thank you.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The only way to access the cameras themselves is via the blue IE icon on the camera registration page of the NVR.
The NVR assigns each PoE port an IP ;like the ones you mention, 10.1.1.65 etc These cant be accessed directly from your PC
You must use the real IE browser or Pale Moon 32 browser to access

Can you show us a pic of that page?

dh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I am using the IE icon to try to access them. I have Pale Moon 32 bit. Windows Defender is off, if that was a consideration. Here are the screenshots. Each one times out, but the camera is recording just fine:
Screenshot from 2023-07-06 22-31-24.png
Screenshot from 2023-07-06 22-32-05.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the problem is you've manually added those from the top frame. I can tell because they are using port 37777. They need to be using port 1,2,3 etc/

Unplug the cameras, delete the entries from the bottom pane, and plug them back in one at a time. then WAIT for them to populate to the bottom pane by themselves. Dont use the ADD or MANUAL ADD buttons.

You can hit Refresh at bottom after 3 minutes or so for each camera and they should show up but with ports 1,2,3 etc like this:
CamRegV4-PoE.jpg

Refer to this thread
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I am using the IE icon to try to access them. I have Pale Moon 32 bit. Windows Defender is off, if that was a consideration. Here are the screenshots. Each one times out, but the camera is recording just fine:
View attachment 167168
View attachment 167169
The problem is you have typed in the camera's IP address. The camera is on the NVR's isolated network.
You cannot go directly to the camera's IP address because it is on a different network with the NVR as gateway.

Just like I cannot use your public IP address to directly connect to your computer because your router is stopping this unauthorised action.
Use the 'web browse' button to open the camera.

1688716323813.png
1688716341421.png
1688716400172.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
He said he was using the IE button….

Actually for cams on an external switch you can type in the IP directly in a browser on the same /local network. They’ll show port 37777 as above. On those you can manually add them. You can also use the IE button to open them.

On the cams connected to PoE ports you need to let the NVR recognize and move them to the bottom and they’ll show 10.1.1.x and ports 1,2,3 etc . Those you must use the IE icon for the reason described.

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's odd.
Camera's with the manufacture 'private' are Dahua or Dahua OEM cameras. They should open under the NVR's IP and port through to the NVR's switch network.
Cameras which are not Dahua tend to try and open as the NVR's switch network IP range (10.1.1.xxx). Which won't work at all.

For cams on an external switch you can type in the IP directly in a browser on the same /local network. They’ll show port 37777 as above. On those you can manually add them.
Sorry, I read past that point...
Yes, 37777 tends to be cameras on the same network as the main NIC in the NVR (192.168.1.xxx).
When it says 'Port #' that means it's on the NVR's network switch (10.1.1.xxx:######).

I guess that means OP added the cameras with a static IP and didn't let the NVR manage it as DHCP. Which has confused this NVR.

dh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I am making progress. I unplugged all cameras and reconnected one by one as requested. The IE links now work. I used Pale Moon 32 and opened the IE link. I can access the cameras but the spinning circle page loading icon shows and no video ever displays. I installed the Dahua web plugin and checked about:plugins and it is showing. I restarted Pale Moon 32 and the same issue persists. I'm not sure if there is another plugin or setting I need to change. The live view on the NVR itself works, but the camera config feed does not show video.
Screenshot from 2023-07-07 10-13-08.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you, I am making progress. I unplugged all cameras and reconnected one by one as requested. The IE links now work. I used Pale Moon 32 and opened the IE link. I can access the cameras but the spinning circle page loading icon shows and no video ever displays. I installed the Dahua web plugin and checked about:plugins and it is showing. I restarted Pale Moon 32 and the same issue persists. I'm not sure if there is another plugin or setting I need to change. The live view on the NVR itself works, but the camera config feed does not show video.
View attachment 167197
Good to see it's porting through the NVR :).
1688739817723.png

I find the video is VERY slow to load when connected directly to a camera. I suggest changing the camera's settings and watching through the NVR's camera preview (screen/web/SmartPSS).

dh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm on the IVS rule setting page. I can't seem to draw the rule with the video not loading. A dialog box eventually pops up which reads, "The connection is overtime." If I try to draw the rule over the loading icon and view it via SmartPSS, it just says "Please draw now," and does not register.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah now that you have them working with the NVR its the browser/plugin roulette game. I have a variety of cams that some work with Pale Moon, some with Chrome, some only with IE and some that work with the IE mode in Edge...

Last edited: