Dahua Nvr- cell to internet - remote access options

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all. Getting close to completing my testing of a remote all solar powered security system. Learned most everything from scratch reading 100's of post on these forums (ie, dahua starlight, ubiquity, solar, battery, etc)
Originally was building a BI system, but decided on a small Dahua NVR to conserve power (NVR4108 with POE)

The outside WAN connection is done using a cell modem and a pole mounted amplified antenna - cell tower is over 10km . I realize live viewing will be extremely limited. Mainly want email sent on triggers and the occasional live view and the ability to tweak a setup. For simplicity, I have tested Teamviewer for remote access on the BI machine. This worked surprisingly well. However, since I have made the decision to use the Dahua NVR- not an option anymore.

The information related is reverse tunneling and other potential options is a bit overwhelming at this point (especially when trying to apply to the firmware of the Dahua nvr) , and before I spend hours educating myself, I would like some suggestions from the pros or those who have been down this path before me.

To keep it simple, I have experimented with using a raspberry pi with teamviewer, but rasbian does not support active x for the Dahua web gui. Could use micro windows pc, but hoping for a more efficient solution. Building a reverse tunnel server, or subscribing to a service are options to consider . Appreciate any helpful suggestions, thank you, John

kontrol

n3wb
Reaction score
Usually , 3G or 4G cards are covered with some proxy , cgi-nat or other technique .
In this case I use cheap Mikrotik routers to make VPN tunnel between remote site and
home or office. Very low power consumption and very stable link .

VPN.jpg