Dahua NVR continues blue (intelligent) recording?

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't figure out why some of my cameras are showing a continues Intelligent event when searching on my Dahua NVR. Each of these cameras has a IVS line crossing trigger, and all of them are also set to record continuously. I'd expect to see green (general) most of the time, with bits of yellow (motion) or blue (intelligent). Most of my cameras do show this, but there are some that are just one solid continuous blue lines. Is this normal, or do I have something setup incorrectly?

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 8.55.09 PM.png

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had this happen. The only fix I found was to delete the camera from the NVR, then add it back. YMMV.
Hmm, ok I will give that a try. What is interesting is that previously I had Hikvision cameras attached as the cameras which would show the continuous blue bar, but I figured it was due to the non-Dahua camera. Now that I swapped the cameras out for Dahua cameras I figured the problem would go away, but perhaps it needs a complete reset.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the dahua camera using the "private" protocol?
Yes, it is using the private protocol, port 37777. What is even stranger is that two channels are on the same physical camera (boobie cam 4MP), and one channel is showing continuous blue, but the other one is fine (mostly green, with yellow or blue lines).

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Channel 1 and 2 are the ones that seem to only show a continuous blue bar, so I tried removing all cameras and only adding a single camera back (one that had correct green/yellow bar behavior). The camera now in the channel 1 slot, also only shows a continuous blue bar now so there is definitely something strange going on. It is not the camera or settings on the camera that I can tell, given the swap behavior. Any other ideas? I'm thinking next steps might be to default all settings and re-add cameras from scratch.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have any specific ideas. Sounds like the typical unsolvable computer problem where you try random things, hopefully get it to work eventually, and have no clue what you did to fix it.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, this definitely seems like one of those mysterious computer issues! In fact, I just checked and noticed that one of the channels just decided to "fix itself", even though I didn't touch any of the settings around then. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope the other channels that are displaying the strange behavior also fix themselves over time. It is not too big of an issue as recordings are all working and I can find events through AI Search, but just strange that they are displayed incorrectly in the search bar.

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 5.56.20 PM.png

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found a way to fix this problem thanks to a tip from Andy. Go into the storage schedule, disable Intelligent, reboot, and then re-enable it. I did this and all cameras now appear to be displaying correctly.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found a way to fix this problem thanks to a tip from Andy. Go into the storage schedule, disable Intelligent, reboot, and then re-enable it. I did this and all cameras now appear to be displaying correctly.
Don't know it it keeps working, but - for now - that tips seems to help this problem too:

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't know it it keeps working, but - for now - that tips seems to help this problem too:
IVS didn't show up on the NVR's timeline again today. (apparently not since last Thursday). Did the above and now working again.

But still, this shouldn't happen. I'm lucky I'm using SD-cards in the camera's (where I'm only recording IVS events), otherwise I wouldn't known what happened.

But I think it's something to do with my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, since the IVS events of the IPC-HDW5442T-ZE do show up.
Just after the IVS events stop displaying on the NVR"s timeline; the 5231 logs show 'abort' log type and then a 'start up' followed by a 'save configuration' (content: name: Video Format).
The 5231's webinterface can be slow/sluggish as well.