Dahua NVR DHI-NVR2116-4KS2 fails on motion detection

hostmit

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I have a fresh NVR and bunch of different cameras (mostly no-name, some branded BESDER).
NVR:
DAHUA DHI-NVR2116-4KS2
Software Version V4.000.0000002.0
Build: 2019-12-05

Some cameras doesnt trigger a NVR motion event (doesnt start recording). I tested the cameras with ONVIF Device Manager, all cameras properly report a motion over onvif:

However I notice, the ones which are failing have no "Rules" section under profile. Is there any way to solve this problem? Tried everything on NVR and camera side.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You will get varied results with higher level functions such as MD and IVS using non-Dahua cameras. Pretty normal.

hostmit

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no "Rules" page in camera native web ui. I cant really find any updates for these cameras...

However camera properly sends the event. See the screenshot.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You will get varied results with higher level functions such as MD and IVS using non-Dahua cameras. Pretty normal.
+1 for the Fish, Its really a crap shoot using non Dahua Cams, especially no name brands. A few I do know work that I have had to make work are as follows.
Hikvision
Raysharp Ie goswift or Nelleys R series
GW security
Axis
Uniview
A few others I cannot remember. Some went easy, some I really had to screw with to get motion to work.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve had problems with Axis MD events making the trip to Dahua 4208 NVR but it may be I’m missing something ... it’s an older 1365 mkII

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve had problems with Axis MD events making the trip to Dahua 4208 NVR but it may be I’m missing something ... it’s an older 1365 mkII
Those cams were really crappy, I think they were the bottom of the Axis line.