Dahua NVR firmware issues

megs

n3wb
Reaction score
A few mths back I bought a Dahua 4 CH NVR Lite as it had all the features I wanted with one small problem in that I had to load it via a Google App Easy Viewer which was no issue to me.
Last week I got a message via the NVR that there was a firmware update to fix this so I uploaded it, what a disaster.

The camera's I was using were two Reolink and one Hikvision via the Onvif feature
I have now lost the ability to use Motion detection with all the camera's as well as the playback had a fast forward now this has gone and the Hikvision camera will only be recognized using the Pelaco config

They have successfully done a Boeing and made a good product bad.

I doubt someone can help but I was just posting to make people aware the firmware does not always improve things and in my case went the other way.

My NVR is DHI-NVR4104/4108HS-P-4KS2

kranty

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had such issue (no motion detection via onvif) too on 4.0 firmware. Went back to 3.216 and onvif motion detection via onvif works again.

Last edited:

megs

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you go back? I didn't think you could go back and reinstate an older version.

kranty

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, you can. Just use .bin of 3.216 (or earlier) for that.

megs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I have given them an ear full about the firmware but I don't know weather they just press the del key on it but I am back to normal now.