Dahua NVR Hdmi output options

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Currently using a Dahua NVR5416-4KS2 and trying to output 4 camera view via Hdmi output at 1080, the only way I seem to be able to do this at the moment is with the tour option set to refresh every 2 minutes, this means I get a flash then the 4 camera view appears again after 2 minutes. Surely there must be an option to output 4/9/16 or more camera views via the Hdmi for monitoring purposes rather than using the tour option, most likely me missing the obvious but would appreciate anyone who has experience with this setup. Thanks in advance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have the exact Dahua NVR, but I believe this customer's Amcrest NV4108 is VERY similar. I can only suggest this:
Right-click on screen to bring up the menu as depicted below, hover mouse cursor over 'View 4', then move mouse cursor to the right over '1-4' and select that with a left-click.

Amcrest_NV4108.jpg

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have the exact Dahua NVR, but I believe this customer's Amcrest NV4108 is VERY similar. I can only suggest this:
Right-click on screen to bring up the menu as depicted below, hover mouse cursor over 'View 4', then move mouse cursor to the right over '1-4' and select that with a left-click.

View attachment 21861
Thanks for the reply Tony, that is how it normally works and my previous Dahua DVR's did just that and worked fine, selecting that on the NVR has no effect on Hdmi output sadly, appreciate the suggestion though :)

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the 5232 but it's the same firmware. It should work like Tony says. Maybe try reset to default or factory reset? Latest firmware on Dahua site is 09/01/2017. NVR5416/5432/5464-4KS2 | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology
Thanks Bill, I might have to try a factory reset or give that latest firmware a shot, currently Hdmi2 is outputting the 1080 signal so I might even try switching to Hdmi1 for 1080 and see if that helps.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Update :wave: - switched to Hdmi 1 and all is good! so it seems Hdmi 2 is good for mostly Tour duties. I only used Hdmi 2 since it was default to 1080 output and Hdmi 1 was initially 1280 or similar. Thanks for the input :)

hesiod

n3wb
Reaction score
Bumping this topic for a good reason.

FYI, recently encountered something similar, the HDMI 1 output was working fine for several months without ever using the VGA1 output when suddenly without any apparent cause, the HDMI 1 output port (and after testing HDMI 2), in any possible resolutions, was just outputting a black screen. Not even a 'no signal' on the monitor. Just black.
When connecting a USB mouse, nothing visible. When using a VGA cable, everything was working fine.

After checking with a Dahua tech, in some cases the HDMI output of the NVR can be deffective due to using an active (maybe deffective) HDMI cable where some pins on the HDMI cable were shorted, in such case an RMA is necessary (or some good soldering skills I guess if you can replace the components itself).