Dahua NVR - how do you monitor remotely?

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys
For those of you that run Dahua NVRs - how do you monitor remotely?
Mine is not directly connected to the internet. If I want to view live/recorded videos I connect to it via VPN.
But I want to get alerted when somebody sets off IVS/MD alarm with an image. In theory I can do it via email, but its not reliable - I cannot even get images stored in NVR all that well. I really liked the way HIK connects to EzViz cloud. You get notified with an image and then click on it an it plays the recording.
Is something similar possible with Dahua and mobile phone? gDMSS Lite is crap - can view live/recordings, but would like to be able to jump to a video of the event, not try to guess the exact time it occurred, as the timeline is tiny

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
gDMSS pro is much better, IMHO, because it supports "Push Notifications"
When an event occurs, my phone is notified with seconds (much, much better than email timeliness) And a 30 second video clip is pushed to the phone, so no searching through Playback looking for the event. If you rotate the phone to "Landscape", the size of the playback is much larger.
Fastb

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
gDMSS pro is much better, IMHO, because it supports "Push Notifications"
When an event occurs, my phone is notified with seconds (much, much better than email timeliness) And a 30 second video clip is pushed to the phone, so no searching through Playback looking for the event. If you rotate the phone to "Landscape", the size of the playback is much larger.
Fastb
Great apart from that its a paid version
Also, since my NVR is only accessible via VPN, it means that my phone would need to be connected to VPN all the time, unless I set it up via their cloud

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Paid version- one time put of $5
Can't say about Vpn (not set up yet) but I haven't heard grief about gDMSS Pro w/ a vpn

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Paid version- one time put of $5
Can't say about Vpn (not set up yet) but I haven't heard grief about gDMSS Pro w/ a vpn
Thanks. Did you setup NVR to be accessed directly or via the cloud?