Dahua NVR. Is brand stamped better than unofficial??

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
New to all of this. Been in the hospital the last two days and have been reading all the threads constantly.

Looking to buy a 16-channel but would prolly run 6-8 cameras, from 2-4MP. From what I've read and from @nayr's recommendation I am considering the Dahua 4216. I've found several from aliexpress, B&H, A1security and CCTV-mall. Some are 42A16 and cost more and some are 4216 and say they are Dahua just don't have name on the front. Are the cheaper non-name ones safe? Or is it better to pay a little more and get an official Dahua brand one?

I think im pretty sold on the Dahua, but would also consider the Hik or LTS, if given reason why they're better, or a better deal money wise. And since this gets asked a lot, my budget is hoping to stay under $1,000.

Thx for the help!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1257502-REG/dahua_technology_dhi_nvr42a16_16p_poe_network_video_recorder.html

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32302197121.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32302197121&productSubject=DHAUA-8-16-32CH-1U-4K-Network-Video-Recorder-Latest-Model-with-Onvif-2-4-Support

http://www.cctv-mall.com/nvr4216-4k-dahua-4k-nvr4216-4k-1-5u-network-video-recorder-with-onvif-2-4-support-2hdd-dahua-4k-nvr-network-video-recorder-nvr4216-4k

https://www.a1securitycameras.com/dahua-nvr4216.html?gclid=CKKoyd_1884CFU6VfgodqUMKgg#/product/8478

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive got branded devices and unbranded devices, the only difference is if there is a logo on the device and UI.. otherwise they are completely safe.

typically you can only get branded ones through official distribution channels, but on occasion unofficial channels will get there hands on em too.

Dont expect alot of end user support direct from Dahua; they are OEM Products.. not retail.

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any good or bad experiences with A1securitycamers?? They're selling the 4216 for $220, and ship from USA. My other option would be from aliexpress but it'd ship from China with a longer wait...

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive got branded devices and unbranded devices, the only difference is if there is a logo on the device and UI..
@nayr what would be the difference in UI?

Last edited by a moderator:

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol, oh... was expecting a different answer. Thanks! If you don't mind, with the 4216, I would need to buy a POE switch, correct? There aren't the 16 ports on the back?

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm searching the threads about it right now, but have you or do you know if anyone that has used CCTV-mall?? They have good prices, but I read more people reccomending ali

and thank you! That diagram helped!

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
Disregard the last one. So I'm pretty settled on the NvR. I'm gonna get same one as you from ali. It's cheaper to buy a switch than to buy the nvr with the ports in the back. Getting the TRENDnet TPE-TG80G from newegg.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disregard the last one. So I'm pretty settled on the NvR. I'm gonna get same one as you from ali. It's cheaper to buy a switch than to buy the nvr with the ports in the back. Getting the TRENDnet TPE-TG80G from newegg.
Also note that the last link you had from A1Security was NOT a -4K model.

BTW, I bought a 4108-P from CCTVMall and after I ordered I was sent an email that they will be placing the order from Dahua and expect up to 25 days for the order to fill.
I asked "I thought you would have stock" and the reply was that Dahua has over 800 different products and they cannot stock them all.

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
Ya I noticed that. I'm going with an Aliexpress seller that nayr said he used

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ya I noticed that. I'm going with an Aliexpress seller that nayr said he used
Did you get your NVR in? How do you like it?

I'm STILL waiting for CCTV-Mall to ship my 4108-p NVR.

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
Decided against it all, and went with milkidbad.. Got some LTS products. Arrive tomorrow!!