Dahua NVR N52B2P 4.000.0000001.5.R.191206

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I the only one using this new firmware? Looks GREAT in edge browser and doesn't need plug-ins..... WOW!!
I didn't go looking for an update but I clicked on manual check and it downloaded and installed this version. I have checked about once a month for two years and it never did anything but low and behold it worked this time. I was beginning to think that button was a joke but it does work. Two months ago I had new siding put on the house and turned off all motion detection and IVS so I was just putting all that back when I got the update. Now there is a new learning curve due to a totally new GUI. It works great in edge but not too good in IE.

New GUI Dahua N52B2P-2.jpg

Last edited:

amc59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you found any new function and/or any other improvements other than browser interface? Is there any release note of this version? I also noticed this new version on UPGRADE page but I'll wait some time before upgrade. I am currently facing a new reboot problem that appeared few day ago, occurring two/three times per day. I would like to fix this problem, that never happened before (i am using my 4208-4ks2 from a couple of months), then I will upgrade (I know you can't roll back to V3 version after this upgrade).

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really haven't had much time to play with it with all the holiday stuff going on. I found a firmware update here but is not the same and appears to be older by a few months. For me the fact that it works in Microsoft edge browser is great! There were no release notes that I know of... So far I haven't noticed any "extra" features but it is kind of different the way you access stuff. Like to get to IVS you start by going to AI and then to IVS. BUT if you would like to set up video motion detection you would start with Alarm. I have not looked into the POS yet. Ugh... Maybe POS is a feature that has been added DUNNO.... :smash: YET!!!

Last edited:

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't go looking for an update but I clicked on manual check and it downloaded and installed this version.

Sorry for the delay but the cancer just has no sense of timing.... HA hahhahaha
My vertebra T-8 imploded, from a cancer tumor, and crushed my spinal cord leaving me paralyzed from the waist down.... No more running around!

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
I have upgraded my NVR4216 4k2s with this new firmware and also updated my camera's with the latest firmware. 1 issue I noticed and have not been able to fix is the IVS.
These IVS rules were there before I upgraded and they worked fine.
Camera A had a tripwire event and then moved to ptz preset 2 for 10 seconds. Camera B had a tripwire event and moved not itself, but camera C to preset 2 for 10 seconds.
After the upgrade to DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319 the IVS rules stay in, but within a day the PTZ part gets reset and they fail.
IVS 'visible' still shows the tripwire lines, but the PTZ settings disappear. I have even done a factory reset of the NVR and recreated everything, it still stops working within a day.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have a PTZ but I have seen where you start to set it up..

Top Left click on Management |then Camera | and then to the PTZ at the bottom of the list... Sorry I can't help anymore.

001.jpg 005.jpg 004.jpg

Ha ha ha ha Stay'n Alive.... (Bee Gee's)

Last edited: