Dahua NVR (NVR4104-P) not seeing all IP cameras

redroman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed four Dahua IPC-HFW4300S IP cameras connected to a Dahua NVR4104-P NVR. All but one of the cameras can be seen by the NVR. The NVR has allocated IP Addresses to the three working cameras as follows:

The camera that can’t be seen is actually working fine as I’ve tested it with a PoE injector and the Smart PSS application finds the camera and displays the video. I am also able to directly log into the camera via the web interface and via the config tool and change the IP Address directly. Now I need to state that the one camera that isn't working does have Chinese firmware as I purchased several from aliexpress.com - the other three working cameras are all English firmware, as is the NVR. The other Chinese firmware cameras do not have this same issue and were used in a separate installation with no problems, however I thought it's important to mention this.

Using the config tool I have manually set the IP Address of this fourth camera to 10.1.1.68 and have plugged it into the NVR, but still no luck (even after testing this successfully with the PoE injector). I have also changed the network setting in the camera to DHCP, but the NVR still can’t see this camera. I double checked all other network settings and they are the same as the other cameras.

I also tested with a second NVR4104-P unit and the same thing happens. I have changed the ports around and tested the Ethernet cables, etc and all the other cameras are fine. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the way that the NVR is allocating an IP Address via DHCP?

The other challenge I have is that this camera is installed 20 foot up a wall and therefore it’s very hard to access it to swap it out with a different unit. I want to try and exhaust all other options before I have to replace the camera. The options I have considered trying next are:

1. Try a different brand NVR for all cameras.

2. Use a POE injector and a smaller (non-PoE) NVR just for that one camera that isn't working – this wouldn’t be an ideal solution, however I’m sure it would work due to the fact that I can view it via the web interface and also by Smart PSS.

3. Use a POE switch that goes into a standalone router that would allocate IP Addresses to all the cameras, then pass that back into the NVR – in theory this should work, but again, it’s a pain and I want to exhaust all other options first.

Are there any other options I can try?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried restoring the camera to default?
Maybe @vector18 can offer a suggestion..he has tons of experience with Dahua NVR's...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It sounds like since it's a Chinese version, the NVR is not finding it. As you mentioned, what I would do is for 40 bucks, pick up a tplink1008p, plug the camera into that, plug the NVR into it, and the router. Assign the Chinese camera an IP of your choice, and manually enter it into the 4th channel. Give it the same IP scheme as the NVR, not the same scheme as the other cameras that the NVR assigned.

redroman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks vector18 - that does sound like the best option without being able to physically replace the camera at the present time.