Dahua NVR NVR4XXX-4KS2 upgrade to 8 Channel

nullsoft

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way to upgrade my NVR "4 Channel" to "8 Channel" ?

BR,

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will do it again.....just get a 16.

If you get a 16 and never load it up at least you will have more encoding power. Some of the NVRs have crap FPS on higher resolutions or a few 4K cams and all the sudden you are at 80% cpu capacity.

Last edited:

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I sold my 16 and got a 32. I was already at 14 cams and I'm pretty sure some day, I would go beyond 16.

That's right. Dahua definitely uses different CPUs depending on the number of channels and Mbps throughput.

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had a 8, gave to a friend to get started. Then bought a 16. Had the cpu load problem with 5-6 high res cams. Sold that one and bought a NVR6a08-32-4ks2. I have grown to 18 cams with my last cam, a 25x zoom starlight ptz with auto tracking.

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will do it again.....just get a 16.

If you get a 16 and never load it up at least you will have more encoding power. Some of the NVRs have crap FPS on higher resolutions or a few 4K cams and all the sudden you are at 80% cpu capacity.
I sold my 16 and got a 32. I was already at 14 cams and I'm pretty sure some day, I would go beyond 16.

That's right. Dahua definitely uses different CPUs depending on the number of channels and Mbps throughput.
Get the 32. Just when you think, "Ahhh, 16 is enough..." And then it isn't. Buy the non-PoE version and use your own switch(es) since the 32 channel PoE version still only has 16 ports.

david_oem

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "nullsoft, bài đăng: 379968, thành viên: 81410"]
Chào,

Có cách nào để nâng cấp NVR "4 Kênh" của tôi lên "8 Kênh" không?

BR,
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
Bạn nào có cách giải quyết thì gửi hướng dẫn cho mình và mình sẽ thanh toán số tiền tương ứng