Dahua NVR Purchasing

bryansj

n3wb
Reaction score
I've ordered and received a Dahua DHI-NVR4208-4K for myself from Adorama last month with no problems. My friend that I'm setting up 5 cameras (IPC-HDW4431C-A) for ordered the same one a week later. They cancelled his order and it is no longer in stock. This was a great deal at $205 shipped from the US.

I found a NVR-5208-4KS2 on cctv-mall.com for a good price. It turned out to be too good of a price and never shipped after processing over 20 days. He's cancelled the order and we're still waiting for the PayPal credited funds.

Anyway, now I can't seem to really find and non-PoE Dahua NVRs with h.265. It seems like they've cleaned house and discontinued most models. The new similar ones are all PoE or not h.265 (-4k).

Where is a good place to find a deal on one now? Is there a problem using a PoE NVR without using the built in switch? He already has a PoE rack mounted switch.

bryansj

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that slipped by my searches. Thanks.

It still seems odd how all the options I saw last month have dwindled down.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ali searches suck ass and only do complete matches, not partial.. so try variations of model numbers, some dont have DH- prefix, others do.. etc.

bryansj

n3wb
Reaction score
Ali searches suck ass and only do complete matches, not partial.. so try variations of model numbers, some dont have DH- prefix, others do.. etc.
Well the Dahua website cleared out most of the models I was looking at last month. I couldn't find the latest version of what I had without PoE.

After this purchase I should be done with Ali for a while. Amazon Prime same day shipping makes this China shipping painful for the impatient.