Dahua NVR questions

nottooloud

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I started with a crap D-Link camera. I use it as a doorbell. It covers the front porch, and if it sees something, it pings my phone. That works great. The picture is terrible, and I only get real time, no remote review. I added a Foscam camera behind the house, just motion recording to its internal card, for review purposes and real time local monitoring. There's activity back there all the time, and I don't want notifications from it.

I bought a couple of Hikvision DS-2CD2132-IS cameras to replace them because they were supposed to work well with the QNAP NAS I already own. Unfortunately, I soon discovered that QNAP's Surveillance Station is terrible. The dealbreaker is that apparently I can't select what events trigger push notifications, and those are email only, so I lose my automatic doorbell function.

Hikvision's NVRs don't seem to do phone notifications. Dahua's do. So I'm looking at one of the NVR1104 models.

1. Will it motion sense off a Hikvision camera?
2. Can I have just one of the cameras push alerts to my iPhone?
3. Is there a manual for these things anywhere?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah lots of people do.. however if your requirements contain flexible alerts and notifications most do not.

You might look at pushover.net, they will provide you with an email address that forwards anything sent to it via push notification to your device.

nottooloud

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like Dahua's not going to get me there, either, then? Fair enough, thanks for the response. That's really all I wanted.

Pushover sounds like something I can work with.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
those NVRs are really only good for recording, display and playback, and they do a fantastic job at those tasks... many of the higher end ones have multiple alarm inputs and outputs and those can be configured to talk to a Home Automation/Security system that's in charge of doing the alerts/alarms and notifications.. but any built in functionality is going to be pretty lackluster compared to PC-NVR software like BluIris.

I do know that Dahua cameras with a Dahua NVR do have a feature that allows you to push actual recorded events to devices if your using the Dahua Client software.. I have not actually used this functionality so I do not know how well it performs.