Dahua NVR recommendation for 5 x 2MP cameras?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@cosmo quote: "And as you probably know, HikVision's mobile app is next to useless for notifications."

How in your opinion is it useless ? I use push notifications with line crossing etc, I get notified in seconds without issues on IVMS4500HD. Not sure how the largest security camera mfg. in the world has a useless app perhaps useless operators.

Last edited:

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@DDT - I plan to buy a NVR5216-16P-4KS2 as well and I noticed you have a Dahua 'branded' NVR there. Where/who did you purchase from and what was the cost? Thanks.
Bought the same one and just got it 2 days ago...for $350..but make sure the place uses DHL. Ordered mine the end of November from EZIVIEW store and just got it now. E-packet is slowwww.

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bought the same one and just got it 2 days ago...for $350..but make sure the place uses DHL. Ordered mine the end of November from EZIVIEW store and just got it now. E-packet is slowwww.
Yes definitely go with DHL if that's possible. I have the same NVR5216-16P-4KS2 ordered from EMPIRECANDY on aliexpress that shipped earlier this week and is set to be delivered tomorrow.

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought the Dahua DHI-NVR5208-8P-4KS2.